Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should have taken out the vacuum plate

1. Back To Top    #1

Should have taken out the vacuum plate

Well, the grandkids came over for the last hot day and we had a blast, but now thereís a snake in the skimmer with just his head and a bit of his neck poking out of the vacuum plate. Itís either a darkish Eastern Brown or maybe a Red-bellied Black, and he ainít smiling. Doesnít matter what he is, my fear is the same! I turned off the pump to see if it could wriggle out. No luck. I tried to remove the vacuum plate but lost my nerve. This varmint is making me mad, and I need an idea for getting him out.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Should have taken out the vacuum plate

Do you have a way to pump water or air into the skimmer line? That would pop the plate loose. Or you could bend a coat hanger into the appropriate shape to slide next to the snakes body and hook the plate from underneath.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Turns out it was just my sick sense of humor

Happy April Fools Day, everyone. Hope your kids came up with some fun ones
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

You are SO bad! Good one!!! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Really? I thought you were serious, hence my reply, now deleted.

You mention Grandkids and a Brown in the same place, and here I was concerned about their safety. Genuinely concerned. Stupid me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

maaate sorry my bad.

Yeh thankfully everyone here knows about them, and yes, indeed especially the Eastern Browns which aren't as timid as people would like them to be. One of the worst things with the kids and pools here is funnel web spiders in the skimmer box. Despite a very strict rule never to stick your hand in there, and them knowing the nasties that could be there, I've caught the older boy on the 'dare ya' stuff, and both times led to pool closure for the day to send the message! But yeh, I like to check the skimmer before any swimming!