Need help with equipment

28 sounds a bit high. When the pump is off, does the gauge read zero? If so, you may want to clean the cartridges again. I know it's a pain to open the filter up again, but knowing the clean pressure is important.

In case you don't already have it, I think this is the manual for your filter: PENTAIR SYSTEM 3 S8M600 OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

You may want to contact InyoPools about the replacement cartridges. They are very good about identifying needed parts.

If the air went away after replacing the leaf vac o-ring and then came back after you opened the leaf vac and pump, try to re-lube both of those o-rings again. You don't need much lube. And check to be sure there isn't any dirt or debris on the matting surfaces - take the o-ring completely out and check. Also, check around the tabs on the leaf vac for any cracs again. Don't overtighten the lids either.

The water looks good. Looking forward to a complete set of test results when your reagents arrive.

EDIT: Here's a link to cleaning a cartridge filter that may be helpful. It's an older thread, so please don't respond to it directly. Re: How to clean a cartridge filter

I checked the o-rings again and can't find any cracks anywhere. It just won't prime up again. I have admitted defeat and have called someone to come out Friday. Thanks for all your help and the lead on Inyo. I'm going to definitely need help picking out the right cartridges. I will post the resolution if I get one so maybe this thread can help someone else. I know I have found a lot of answers on this site myself!

I had the same bug-a-boo with my A&A Leaf Vac canister, mine like yours was a 1st generation white colored canister and it developed hairline cracks around the locking flanges. You can't see them during the day but shine a flashlight at the flanges at night they are clearly visible. I suspect mine was leaking for years around this flange and made it real hard to prime the pump after a cleaning and weak intermittent pop-up pressure. No doubt yours 1st Gen canister is leaking at the same place by now.

The 2nd generation Leaf Vac canister is made of black colored plastic and is much more heavy duty. Since I was the original owner of the pool, A&A offered a free exchange, however I did have to pay for a new clear lid an o-ring. I flooded the area then dug up and cut out the old canister but paid someone to install the new one. Not a bubble in-sight and my pump now primes in less then one minute with no further pop-ups issues. This happened over 3 years ago.

A&A offers a lifetime free exchange of all their primary products, over the past 15 years I replaced all my in-floor popups and 3 new gear heads for free. Its a one for one exchange via a will-call window at the Phoenix factory. If you do a mail order, they refund your money when you return your defective part.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.