Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swimquip 5086 light trouble

1. Back To Top    #1

Swimquip 5086 light trouble

The GFI that my 5086 light is on was tripping the GFI mode of the breaker, not the full 20 amp trip. I have removed the assembly from the niche and determined that a new gasket was required due to some moisture visible on the inside of the lens. Prior to reinstalling the assembly into the niche, I installed the bulb and engaged the circuit, which immediately tripped the full 20 amp mode. I tried again with no bulb with the same result. I'm assuming that the sheathing cracked when I removed the light assembly from the niche and pulled it up to the deck to service it.

Ant thoughts or suggestions?

Is there a replacement light assembly that will fit my existing swimquip 5086 niche?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Swimquip 5086 light trouble

https://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-36...t-fixture.aspx, first find the light junction box and check all connections. Turn off light circuit and disconnect light from power source, turn on power to light and see if gfci trips. If okay try to estimate how far this junction is to pool niche.

3. Back To Top    #3

I disconnected light at the light junction box and removed the light/harness from the pool. With the light disconnected at the junction box the GFCI breaker will stay on. When I reconnect the light, the breaker trips (high current, not gfci protection) immediately. I assume that means the light fixture is bad. But, it seems that I should get continuity between 2 of the 3 leads, but I can't. Any ideas why?

4. Back To Top    #4

I've got a new 5086 light assembly. I've run a fiberglass snake from the junction box out to the niche and connected the cable to the cord. I tied the fiber reinforcement in the cable jacket to the snake eyelet, then spiral taped from 3 inches beyond the cut cable jacket to 3 inches beyond the snake eyelet in order to make a nice transition. When I try to pull the snake from the junction box end, the cable will go about 1.5" and then gets stuck at the rtv plug from the original installation. I'm having a hard time believing that the rtv by itself is keeping the cable from passing through. Any ideas?