Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Test K-2006

1. Back To Top    #1

First Test K-2006

Hey all yesterday marked the end of my contractor pool startup following my Stonescapes resurfacing and today marked my beginning as a TFP disciple. I think I'm in pretty good shape following my first test results. Is there anything I should be paying really close attention to? Here are the results:

3/31 5:45p
    FC = 10ppm
    CC = 0
    PH = 7.4
    CYA = 50ppm
    TA = 100ppm
    CH = 330ppm

15k IG Freeform Midnight Blue Stonescapes. Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter. Pump unsure. Garland, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Test K-2006

Welcome to TFP!!!

Those numbers do look pretty good!

The FC is slightly high, just keep it above 4ppm (targeting 6-8ppm daily).
    Everything else is good.
    Long term:
    You will want to keep your pH in the 7.4-7.7 range and hopefully your TA will drop a bit.
    Due to evaporation, your CH is going to keep climbing making keep the pH in line more important.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

H,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners...

As Jason has said your numbers look pretty good. But my question is are they going to stay good???

I ask because you already have a CYA of 50 ppm and you don't say how you plan to chlorinate your pool.

If you use 3" tabs, you can expect the CYA to steadily increase to an unmanageable level.

So... how do you plan to chlorinate going forward???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    H,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners...

As Jason has said your numbers look pretty good. But my question is are they going to stay good???

I ask because you already have a CYA of 50 ppm and you don't say how you plan to chlorinate your pool.

If you use 3" tabs, you can expect the CYA to steadily increase to an unmanageable level.

So... how do you plan to chlorinate going forward???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    I'm going to stock up on bleach in the morning! Disciples don't tablet!

15k IG Freeform Midnight Blue Stonescapes. Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter. Pump unsure. Garland, TX

5. Back To Top    #5

H,

That sounds like an Amen to me....

Thanks for the follow up.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.