If you have a TFP (perfect chemistry etc)...

Well, the company line is 2ppm is average.

I myself use about a gallon of bleach a week, if that. My usage averages lower than most, tends to be .5-1ppm per day, but I leave my solar cover on when it's not in use and my swimmer load is very low, we've only been in twice since opening (stupid weather).

I test and add bleach every other day, during the heat of the summer. Sometimes daily if I'm motivated to.

I use about 3 quarts per day too. I have three kids who are constantly in the pool along with their friends and we also get tons of sun. I have an 8 gallon liquidator and fill it up about every 1.5 weeks. :-D

frustratedpoolmom said:
I myself use about a gallon of bleach a week, if that. My usage averages lower than most, tends to be .5-1ppm per day
Similar situation here...low usage, pool gets a lot of shade, so my chlorine usage is low like FPM's. I use about 1 quart a day. That will go up if I ever get a chance to actually swim in it... :roll:

Mike, you can go stand in the corner now! :hammer:

This is our first season with a solar cover. So we've only been adding one quart (or less) of 10% daily. So far this season, also a light swimmer load, except for today. And I ended up using 2.5 qts tonight, just to get it a little higher so I can skip a day. But I'm also experimenting with our CYA and have it between 15-20 (will probably raise it to 25-30 soon).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.