Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Do they make a relatively compact/light cover with some stretch? I have a kidney shaped pool and would like a rectangular cover that could be stretched so it wouldn't touch the water. Half the pool edge is raised about 2', so would be easier to keep it off the pool. Maybe just hooked on 4 corners over the pool to keep out oak leaves and pollen.

I'm getting so many oak pollen "tassels" I've filled a 5 gallon bucket twice in a week. They lay on the solar cover and turn it green (not algae). Also turns the filter panels green. If it all could be "caught" before touching the water, and blown off, the water would be so much cleaner. Just needs to be easy to take on and off. Are leaf nets stretchy?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tcat, I had the worse problem with leaves and debris from my neighbors tree falling in my pool. The tree also threw some coffee grounds like seeds and some brown bigger flat seeds as well which will cover the whole surface of my pool and used to get compacted on my leaf catcher with the suction of the pump and would cut the water flow and overheated my pump. Then tiny leaves plus big leaves from the second tree I could post pictures of the debris if you like as I was about to seek legal help as the amount of debris was overheating my pump and I was incurring expenses like crazy. They refused to cut the tree and although they offered to trim it, they didn't do it in a timely fashion. It was unbearable. I finally ran across this thing called Solar-Breeze NX. It is solar powered, no hoses, it has a tray in the bottom and it constantly run around your pool picking up stuff. I still have some falling to the bottom because the trees shadows the pool after 5:00 pm or so. The Solar-Breeze goes in hibernation to save energy and it starts looking for sun and when it can't find it, it goes to sleep until morning again. My pool is kidney shaped too. I didn't really wanted a cover I had to take off. I wanted an automated one but due to the shape of the pool and a waterfall it was not possible. I finally was going to cave in and buy a cover but then again found out the covers were not only inconvenient but way too expensive. This thing took care of 98% of the problem. I would buy again if it ever fails. It picks the tiniest particles, and also has a chlorine tablet holder onboard so it chlorinates the pool at the same time. It's truly unbelievable how much stuff it catches. I truly researched it and bought it. I think it is still pretty new. I hadn't seen it in stores. When I found it, I think it might have gotten of the kickstarter phase and the price was already up. Well my neighbors paid half which was nice and fair as I don't have littering trees in my yard yet I was a slave of cleaning an always dirty pool and over worked pool pump. You should check it out. I am definitely happy I found this. It's been a sanity saver. The first few days I just stared at it for what appears to be hours because the operation of it is very smart and fascinating :).

Interesting! I've got 4 large oaks about 25' from the pool (many overhanging branches). Not sure how much sun the pool actually gets with all the shade. Half the surface probably gets 4 hrs, the rest is mostly shade. Not sure it would stay charged. I'll do more research and check it out. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes this is the only thing I wish they would improve. Perhaps they should come up with a backup battery. The company claims it will stay charged and go for several hours at night after the sun goes down but I know this not to be true.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.