Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let The Fun Begin!

1. Back To Top    #1

Let The Fun Begin!

Starting construction on our 3rd Shasta Pool! Sold our old house to my Brother, and bought another house. Huge yard but no swimming pool. So far there are just a bunch of lines in the dirt.

19000 Gallons
    Modified L, with the L being a big 2nd Step Baja
    Deck Jets
    Dual Skimmer
    LED Lights (Main Pool and Baja)
    Pentair Pump (Variable Speed), Cartridge Filter (Huge), IntelliChlor IC-40, IntellipH, Heater/Chiller
    In Floor Pop-Up Cleaning System
    Dedicated Suction Port for Vacuum
    Lots of Deck, with one area large enough for future Armada.

Looking forward to going through this process one more time.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Let The Fun Begin!

Oh wow, Congratulations!

Good to see you back on the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

You KNOW we're gonna want pictures, right?

No pics means it didn't happen <lol>

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Elwood,

I could not help but notice your signature which says... "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

My saying is "Those that can do, while those that can't become QC/QA Managers...

What made you decide on an in-floor system? When the only choice for cleaning was between a pressure side or suction side cleaners, then in-floor was also in the running. But with today's electric powered robots, water powered cleaners are similar to the old-Black Rotary Dial phones, technology wise.

Thanks for posting, and good luck with your new pool build.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

It seems that folks in the west, particularly in AZ, seem to benefit from these in floor cleaners the most. I understand that the dusty environment is a big problem for pools there and this device helps clear that away.

Otherwise they're not particularly well thought of for cleaning the other schmutz from what I've read. You know, leaves and such?

At least that's *my* understanding

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

6. Back To Top    #6

I was like ???????????????? when I saw the name and picture..................I know he has a pool!!!!!!!!!

Well here you go again!

Yip is right! We NEED pictures! Please feed us!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    You know, leaves and such?

What are these "leaves" you speak of?
    Easytouch 8 automated 21.5K gal PebbleFina Sapphire Galaxy w/ Glo-Brited overflow spa, Intelliflo2 VST, CC520 Filter, IC40 SWG, 400K BTU NG Heat, Caretaker 8-port in-floor cleaner, Automatic cover.

8. Back To Top    #8

Things are starting to move along. Dig was completed last week, and the Plumbers are here today.

A view of placement in our yard:
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

9. Back To Top    #9

Poor grill! Sitting out there just waiting to be used! LOL

That is a BIG yard!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

The crazy pace continues. Not bad progress for 7 days work. Steel inspection complete. waiting plumbing and electrical inspections.

11. Back To Top    #11

Glad I did not have to dig all of those trenches

NOW go out and measure. Add about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster. Is it wide, deep, long, etc enough? NOW is the time to tweak or fix.

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

It is Shotcrete day here!

13. Back To Top    #13

SWEET! I hope you can be there to answer any questions or address any ideas they might have.

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Shotcrete is finished and the watering process has begun!

15. Back To Top    #15

Hey that looks like a real pool now! LOVE It! What a exciting day! Did they have any suggestions or ideas?

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Can I ask the dimensions of your pool? We are in the final stages of planning our L shaped and trying to figure out length and width. Our Baja shelf is the same as yours. You don't have steps? Or I'm just not seeing them? Thanks!

17. Back To Top    #17

Looking good cant wait to see the next step!

18. Back To Top    #18

DANG!! That's gonna be a NICE pool!!! I love the shape.

Yip

19. Back To Top    #19

The 2nd step Baja is 10X12 and has 2 foot stairs hidden in the side by the wall. There is also a single step into the Baja. I did not want steps that extended into the main pool, as they take up a lot of space. The main pool is 15X30 and is 4, 5, 4 for the depth profile. The Baja will be approx 18" deep.

The design is my own, as by the time we got to the third pool, we had a pretty good idea what we wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Hey that looks like a real pool now! LOVE It! What a exciting day! Did they have any suggestions or ideas?

Kim
    No suggestions, but it is being built to my own design. The measurements came out shockingly exact. They did ask me if I wanted to man the Shotcrete nozzle. I declined. I am a decent Forman, but have no desire to touch the tricky parts.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by kkgator View Post
    Can I ask the dimensions of your pool? We are in the final stages of planning our L shaped and trying to figure out length and width. Our Baja shelf is the same as yours. You don't have steps? Or I'm just not seeing them? Thanks!
    The 2nd step Baja is 10X12 and has 2 foot stairs hidden in the side by the wall. There is also a single step into the Baja. I did not want steps that extended into the main pool, as they take up a lot of space. The main pool is 15X30 and is 4, 5, 4 for the depth profile. The Baja will be approx 18" deep. All "IN WATER" edges are lined with 2X2 Tile set in a diamond configuration. This tends to minimize people stepping off of edges they did not see, or kids jumping in at the bench end of the pool.

The design is my own, as by the time we got to the third pool, we had a pretty good idea what we wanted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast