Two pool lights fighting

Mar 30, 2017
Houston tx
Good evening,

I recently replaced the bulb in my spa. Hooked everything up as before. When I turned on the spa light it worked beautifully. Then I turned on the pool light and both lights went out. I went to my Gfci in the outlet box and reset it.

I then turned on my pool light and it worked beautifully. Upon turning on the spa light simultaneously they both went out and another reset was in order.

What I have found is that each light works alone but as soon as I try to do both the Gfci needs to be reset. What could possibly be happening here? Thanks!

Rl,

You just changed the bulb, but you say you "hooked everything up as before"???

If you just changed the bulb, what did you have to hook up as before.???

Please tell us exactly what it is that you did to change the bulb..

Thanks,

Jim R.

No automation on the lights. Just a simple switch to turn them on or off.

The light is an underwater luminaire for swimming pool wet-niche number v-614675.

To change the bulb I unscrewed the fixture from the wall, removed the bracket holding the fixture together, removed the gasket, took out the tiny light bulb, replaced the bulb, put gasket back in place, re attached the bracket and then screwed it back to the wall with the one screw.

- - - Updated - - -

I will also add that the bulb went out about 9 months ago and i barely replaced it last Saturday

Rl,

Well that blows my theory that you mis-wired something..

If it worked before and all you did was replace the bulb, I can't think of anything that would cause the problem you are having... :confused:

If this were my set up, I'd open the junction box and make sure all the wire nuts were tight and that nothing was growing on the inside and that it is dry...

Sorry but it is a puzzle...

Jim R.

Just my two cents, did you replace the gasket or did you use the same one? Since this clamp holding the light fixture that goes over the gasket is so tight, it creates an permanent indentation in the gasket. It is almost impossible to fit the gasket exactly in the same position and to have a perfect tight seal. This allows water to leak in and moisture might be affecting it. I did this mistake when I changed my first light bulb years ago as the gasket looked good to me but it seems we only get one shot with the gasket. I had to let it dry, then put a new gasket in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.