70 MPH Winds in Vegas, cleaned my filters two weeks ago and TONS of dirt in my pool

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Any suggestions on how to get all this dirt in my pool up but not in my filter, I just cleaned the dang thing. By far the most dirt that's ever in my pool. Looks like the entire desert blew into my pool.

I have a side vac cleaner with a leave canister, have hairnets that I use in my skimmers, could I put a couple at the bottom of the canister net-pocket to catch the dirt and watch closely and empty when I see it getting full?

My pool is a disaster. Wonder how the backyards look of the guys who are doing pools in Vegas right now. Can't be pretty.

Thanks for any suggestions on keeping this junk out of my filter.

Hi Q I I understand I just cleaned my filters this past weekend. This is the most sand I have seen my pool. What a mess this is, I'm in the NW and the wind has made a huge mess .what is a hair net for the pool? I would like to know how to get rid of all the dirt too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Quing as you know I'm building and my backyard is a MESS!!!! The trenched have been backfilled , there is huge rocks in my dig, and my drippers started acting up. I was bothered today to say the least about these crazy winds out of no where lol

Bad storms in West Texas this week, and I understand dirt. I've been a broken record on this forum extolling the virtues of a robot and this a large reason why. Same goes for cart filters here too (for me) I'd have the blasted things out all the time cleaning the dirt out of them. I'm sorry to say, I have no good answer. They do make something called a Cyclone pre filter, which is a dirt trap just at the head of your pump strictly for dirt/dust/sand. Can't attest to their performance, but their industrial counterparts work like a champ.

I can just imagine the panic calls flooding into LV pool services this week. :shock:

Hi Q I I understand I just cleaned my filters this past weekend. This is the most sand I have seen my pool. What a mess this is, I'm in the NW and the wind has made a huge mess .what is a hair net for the pool? I would like to know how to get rid of all the dirt too.

DC, I use hair nets in my skimmers vs. skimmer socks. Much cheaper, I pay something like $10 for 500 on Amazon. Keeps debris out of my filter. Toss them once a week.

I'm sort of in the NW, Sheep Mountian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DC, I use hair nets in my skimmers vs. skimmer socks. Much cheaper, I pay something like $10 for 500 on Amazon. Keeps debris out of my filter. Toss them once a week.
I do that as well, one of the great tips I got from reading the forum here. Interesting to see what the hair net captures each week (it also helps with keeping my filter running clean longer).

I wasn't aware you can use hair nets on the skimmer basket. I looked on Amazon and I didn't see the bundle you got Q. Sounds like you are on my side of town. If you have any more great tips please let me know...:) My pool is starting to look like a pool again, it looked very muddy and awful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@dcvegas - I looked-up the last time I ordered them and here's what I buy. If you want to try some before you buy them just let me know and I'll give you a couple to try. I like these because I just pull it out, throw it away and put another one in. Easy peasy!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XK2FS0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

I combined three and I'm going to go put them in my vac. canister and se how they do on catching the dirt prior to it hitting my filter. Will this wind ever stop?!?!

Thank you Q, I will order a couple boxes, that will last me a long time. Do you put them over your skimmer basket? What do you mean you are going to put them in your vacuum, is that the cleaner that goes around your pool? The wind seems to have calmed down, finally. :kim:My yard was a disaster, my windows are full of dirt. I never seen the winds get that high in speed, and I have been in Vegas for a long time now. My pool water is looking better, not sure what my freshly cleaned filters look like. I cleaned for the first time, it took me 6 hours to clean them, and it was very difficult getting that bolt of and on. I

Almost there, had to empty canister 4 times. Filter pressure hasnt budged so I'm thinking I avoided having to clean immediately.

76b2634b69a1a42cf5d70a6bf859e497.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Your pool looks great after that wind storm. My water looked muddy too , it is starting to clear up. I had to rinse everything off in the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.