Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 storage

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 storage

I am going to set up a testing area in my shed with the tf100 kit. What storage conditions are needed for everything that comes in it? I am in NY and wondering if I can leave it over the winter and I am assuming it would be fine in high heat in the summer?

30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TF100 storage

No. You cannot allow it to freeze or get too hot. By far, we suggest that you test indoors.

It's really easy to take a small water sample with a small styrofoam cup (maybe 1/2 of the cup) and then go into the kitchen and stay comfortable and perform all your tests.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok great thanks glad I asked there goes that idea

30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You can still test out there, no worries. Just make sure you bring your test kit inside with you and store it in a cool, dark closet. I take mine out to test every day and return it to its closet when I'm done. The nice thing about the TF-100 is it's largely self-contained and easy to carry.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D