another Salt Generator Causing Cloudy Pool

Mar 30, 2017
Edmonton
Re: Salt Generator Causing Cloudy Pool

We too have a cloudy pool when the SWG kicks on. This started just recently (Have been using a SWG for about 7 years and have never seen anything like this. It is an indoor pool in the basement of the hotel so no sun light. A pool contractor said it was micro bubbles and we must have an air leak on the suction side of the pump. Pool chemical supplier has no idea! Thoughts ....

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

There are many possible reasons for cloudy water, but my curiosity is whether you use dry acid or liquid hydrochloric acid to maintain pH.

If you choose to use Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC) you will improve your cost of operation and probably be able to always keep the pool open, although you may have a period of a few days up to two weeks with the pool closed to clean it up fully. You will need a recommended test kit to follow TFPC. For delivery in Canada, that means the Taylor K-2006C. If you have American friends who could bring one up for you, or you could get it delivered on a trip to the USA, you could get a TFTestKits TF100 which is the most frequently recommended test kit here. Either way you'll pay for it in a season with savings on pool chemicals.

You used to be able to order through Amazon and get a K-2006C delivered in Canada, so try that first. If that won't work, you can order from the company that has a monopoly for Canada. Their order form is attached below.

When I first started out, I enjoyed this thread: TFPC for Beginners

Your pool is considered a commercial pool, so you would need to let us know the Alberta regulations for commercial pool water chemistry, and we'd be able to tell you if it's possible to do TFPC and stay within their regulations, which it should be, but you're probably bound by those regulations.

Attachments

• LowryCanadaResidentialOrderForm2016.pdf
    184.2 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.