Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ic40 No Power

1. Back To Top    #1

Ic40 No Power

I found my IC40 with no power today. It is connected to an EasyTouch and its own transformer, wired to come on with the pump. Diagnostics say No Comm. It is enabled in the EasyTouch with 35%. I checked the fuse on the transformer and its fine. There is 120v at each wire inside the transformer. The cord from the SWG to the transformer is connected fully. Any ideas?
    12,000 gallon IG plaster
    Cartridge filter
    Intellifo VS
    EasyTouch Controller
    Pentair SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ic40 No Power

Ouch. If the fuse is fine, I cant think of any other reason.
    Doesnt the transformer step it down to like 24V DC or something like that?
    18x36 25k Gal Inground Vinyl Pool
    300lb Sand Filter / 1.5hp Single Speed Pump / Intellichlor IC40 SWG / Polaris 280 w/booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, it steps down to low voltage. Hope I don't have to buy a new one!

4. Back To Top    #4

Test the red/black for DC and see if that returns voltage.

18x36 25k Gal Inground Vinyl Pool
    300lb Sand Filter / 1.5hp Single Speed Pump / Intellichlor IC40 SWG / Polaris 280 w/booster pump

5. Back To Top    #5

At the circuit board right? 0.04 VDC

6. Back To Top    #6

Ryano,

The DC output should be about 39 volts... and the little green "cell power light" should be on.

Is your transformer inside your EasyTouch, or is it an external power supply?

Do you know if the transformer is wired for a 220 volt input or 110 volt input.. (If 220 volts, then the blue or violet wires would be connected to the black wire)

"No comms" is the failure you get when there is no power to the Cell. Either a bad PCB with no DC power out, or no power into the transformer... which could be the fuse (that you checked) or that the Pump/Filter relay inside the ET is not providing power to the transformer.

If wired for 220 volts you need to make sure you have 220 volts between the two input leads to the transformer.. 120 volts on "each" one does not mean you have 220 volts between the two because you could be missing one phase.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's an external power supply, not part of the EasyTouch. There are no lights on at all. Transformer is wired for 220, configured as you said, 220v between the two inputs. There is power to the transformer. Looks like I need a new board.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ryano,

I would also suspect the PCB, but it would not hurt to rule out the transformer.. If you can test the two output leads going to the PCB there should be some low voltage AC, I don't remember the exact amount but I would think around 24 to 40 volts DC..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

DC, not AC right? Which are the output leads going to the pcb?

10. Back To Top    #10

Ryano,

No, the output of a transformer will be an AC voltage. The transformer just makes the 220 volt AC input into a smaller AC output voltage. The PCB then makes the small AC into a DC voltage for the SWCG.

On my PCB the AC from the transformer, comes in on J9 and J8... BUT... I have an internal power supply, so my board may different. You should be able to follow the two wires from the transformer to the PCB..

Jim R.