Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quartz sand suppliers

1. Back To Top    #1

Quartz sand suppliers

Hi,

I'd like to experiment with plaster. I'm having a hard time finding an inexpensive supply of white quartz sand available to the public. Have you been able to find a white quartz sand supply? I could use yellow play sand, but I was hoping to find something whiter, more akin to what you might find in actual pool plaster.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mo
    Mo - 21K gal, IG plaster, dual Pentair SuperfloXF pumps, 72 sqft DE filter, cartridge filter for the spa, dual Waterco multi-cyclone prefilters, Dual Circupool SWGs, Polaris booster and cleaner, TBD custom controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quartz sand suppliers

There is a quikcrete product so you could special order that at any HD store by the bag. I would call around to the local specialty building supply houses. Especially the Stucco suppliers. Its not a everyday product but you need to go to the building supply houses. ALl of them I know do sell to the public -- sometimes at contractor prices.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quartz sand suppliers

Cool, thanks! I didn't think about stucco!
    Mo - 21K gal, IG plaster, dual Pentair SuperfloXF pumps, 72 sqft DE filter, cartridge filter for the spa, dual Waterco multi-cyclone prefilters, Dual Circupool SWGs, Polaris booster and cleaner, TBD custom controller.