what's the best pool cleaner for the money on the market for 2017?

Rondanick

Apr 20, 2016
Mount Juliet, TN
I'm considering the Polaris P825. Lesli's has it for $879. My pool is pretty big and I get a lot of leaves. I'd rather not spend that much but I want to make sure I get something that really works and will last a long time. This will be my first bot.

I gotta say, Skippy and I are pretty darn impressed with "Sheldon" <the new improved name> our new Doheny Discovery Robot. We sat there today watching him go up to the scum line full of pollen and just scrub away happily. This was a HUGE challenge on my part to find a robot that could handle the low ledges around my fiberglass pool and most of the stairs (he fritzes out on the top two, but that's 'cause he's sucking air by that time). Just a nifty device!

I haven't even taken him out of the pool yet except once to empty the basket. In <plop!> he went back.

Anyone have the cart? Do you feel it necessary? I'm debating whether we actually need it..... ?

Yippee :flower:

I have no cart. Some people use them, I don't really see a need for one my situation. Cleaner stays in the pool unless people are swimming, then I simply store behind my hot tub. I thought about a cart, but for me it would actually take up more room than not having one. Cord coils up right around it and basically takes up no room at all. Powerhead stays under my pizza oven, out of the weather, the same place it stays while in use so it never moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Dolphin S200.... think it's the equivalent of the Doheny. Only have a cart because the pool store had one and gave it to me for free... haven't used it yet, but probably will in the future. But wouldn't have paid for one.

I have no cart. Some people use them, I don't really see a need for one my situation. Cleaner stays in the pool unless people are swimming, then I simply store behind my hot tub. I thought about a cart, but for me it would actually take up more room than not having one. Cord coils up right around it and basically takes up no room at all. Powerhead stays under my pizza oven, out of the weather, the same place it stays while in use so it never moves.

The primary purpose for the cart (aside from slight convenience) is that it supports the robot from its center keeping the treads/brushes elevated to prevent flattening/damage. If you store your robot on its side you can avoid this potential problem.

Thanks for all the input on the cart. I think I'll skip it too. It would take up more room than if I just turn the robot over or on its side. I see that now.

Isn't this place great for helpful information!?:party::handshake::whoot::super:

Yippee :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The primary purpose for the cart (aside from slight convenience) is that it supports the robot from its center keeping the treads/brushes elevated to prevent flattening/damage. If you store your robot on its side you can avoid this potential problem.

I'll leave mine in my pool virtually all the time, I hope I'm not causing damage by doing this. When I do take it out of my pool to swim, I do store on its side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.