Green pool.

Seems like it did....but it may well have been working up to it for a long time prior. We can't know for sure without some test results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

tell us about your pool, equipment and how you sanitize it. What have you added to the water?

Yippee :flower:

Insufficient chlorine can allow a pool to harbor a lot of algae that is kind of hidden in plane sight. Many of us describe our pool water as sparkling. When it looses that sparkle, something is happening. I keep mine open all year long and let it go a little this spring as the water started to warm. Without me noticing it went from sparkling, to dull to a little cloudy before I noticed. In all of these conditions it still would have been classified as "clear pretty water" to most folks. I conducted an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and proved that something was growing in the water as I failed the test. While my SLAM Process didn't take long, I still needed to eradicate the algae in the water.

I say all of this because the next step down the road had I not caught it would have been green. So yes, it can go green quickly, but things were growing before that time.

If it's green it is time to SLAM Process the pool.

Green pool

Moderator Note: Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. I have merged them. Thanks, jblizzle

Ok I shocked my pool with 4 lbs yesterday. Cloudy and less green today. I vacuumed a good bit up and brushed the pool again. What's next? Should I continually run my pump to filter the algae out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do not recommend putting in random amounts of chemicals in the pool. Why did you add 4 pounds?

You have yet to post test results, so no one here can tell you what is next beyond: Buy one of the recommended test kits and post up results. ;)

You still need to add a signature line to your profile giving us your pool specifics like size, gallons surface and equipment specs and provide us with some GOOD test results from one of our recommended test kits. 4 lbs. of WHAT did you add?

7b606f8078cf7e75811580d9c0c2ad9f.jpg

I went to the pool store, had my water tested and went with their recommendations. My test kit didn't come in yet. I put 4 lbs of Chloe brite shock with 2 quarts if phos free and ran my pump for 24 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Ben

That's alright, we can get you sorted, and what we do is really easy with a little knowledge and some good test results. We can help with Both. With the Green Pool you'll need to SLAM it. It a process of repeated adding of Chlorine to a higher level and keeping it there until the Algae is dead and the pool is clear.

You need a good test kit on the way first. For a Green Pool the best value is the TF100. The K2006C Is also a good kit, but you'll need extra reagents and the 100XL has them at a much better price per test.

Next is knowledge. All that is here in Pool School and the first place to go is the ABCs. Eveything you need to know is in PS and there are many around who will enjoy helping you through with any questions.

For sure you wont need the Phosphate products, so dont add those yet. Take them back or hold the receipt, and perhaps trade for something else. Once we have some reliable numbers from you, we can offer suggestions.

The links you need are also in my sig line below here:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.