Spa Blower problem

Jun 29, 2016
Gonzales, La
When I turn on the spa blower, it comes on and runs for about 5 minutes and then shuts off. I have a silencer 1.5hp with 8 jets controlled by screen logic2. Anybody have a clue what could be causing it to shut off. It will not come back on until the next day and same result.

Sounds like the thermal limit switch is kicking in to protect the blower from overheating and burning itself out.

Any obstructions? Take the blower off the pipe and see if it will run when not trying to push air through the tube. You may have an obstruction in the air line to the spa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the thermal limit switch is kicking in to protect the blower from overheating and burning itself out.

Any obstructions? Take the blower off the pipe and see if it will run when not trying to push air through the tube. You may have an obstruction in the air line to the spa.

Could my pump speed be causing the problem? When the air blower is powered on in screen logic it automatically increases the rpm on the pump to 3440/min

Yeah, I sincerely doubt you need to run your pump at full speed unless you're trying to rip the flesh off your body.

You need to go into the programming and change the speed associated with the AUX relay running your blower to a lower speed. You can't be doing good things to your filter running the pump that hard.

However, pump speed should not impact the AUX circuit powering the blower without a breaker tripping. I would still test for an obstruction.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt you need to run your pump at full speed unless you're trying to rip the flesh off your body.

You need to go into the programming and change the speed associated with the AUX relay running your blower to a lower speed. You can't be doing good things to your filter running the pump that hard.

However, pump speed should not impact the AUX circuit powering the blower without a breaker tripping. I would still test for an obstruction.

Thanks Matt, I am going to play with it tomorrow and see it fixes the problem.

Pump speed doesn't have any effect on the blower motor. All the blower is doing is sucking in air to push down the pipe to add bubbles to the spa. So pump speed doesn't matter.

Thermal issue, obstruction, or the blower is just old and worn out. Things happen. Remove the blower from the stand pipe and turn it on and see if it runs or not. If it shuts off while not on the pipe, you're looking at a replacement of the unit as it's internal to the blower then. Unless of course a mouse built its home inside the unit.

I had a similar problem and concluded it was the limit switch preventing the unit from overheating. I drilled small holes in the mounting pipe that the air blows through. I did 1 or 2 holes at a time. Each time I drilled a hole the unit ran longer. I wound up with 5 holes and the unit now keeps running. If you drill too many holes you will loose presure so go slowly. You can always tape the holes shut if you drill to many. This worked for me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.