Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Blower problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Blower problem

When I turn on the spa blower, it comes on and runs for about 5 minutes and then shuts off. I have a silencer 1.5hp with 8 jets controlled by screen logic2. Anybody have a clue what could be causing it to shut off. It will not come back on until the next day and same result.
    26,000 gallon in-ground saltwater gunite with pebble sheen Ocean Blue plaster, Pentair intellitouch automation with screen logic2 interface and , intellibrite 5g LED lighting, (3) variable speed intellifloXF pumps, raised spa with (2) spillovers and swim up bar, pentair clean&clear plus cartridge filter, Mastertemp Heater, Ultratemp heat pump, IC40 SWG, multiple water and fire features, Stone creek pavers Precast Concrete coping. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa Blower problem

Sounds like the thermal limit switch is kicking in to protect the blower from overheating and burning itself out.

Any obstructions? Take the blower off the pipe and see if it will run when not trying to push air through the tube. You may have an obstruction in the air line to the spa.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Sounds like the thermal limit switch is kicking in to protect the blower from overheating and burning itself out.

Any obstructions? Take the blower off the pipe and see if it will run when not trying to push air through the tube. You may have an obstruction in the air line to the spa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could my pump speed be causing the problem? When the air blower is powered on in screen logic it automatically increases the rpm on the pump to 3440/min
    26,000 gallon in-ground saltwater gunite with pebble sheen Ocean Blue plaster, Pentair intellitouch automation with screen logic2 interface and , intellibrite 5g LED lighting, (3) variable speed intellifloXF pumps, raised spa with (2) spillovers and swim up bar, pentair clean&clear plus cartridge filter, Mastertemp Heater, Ultratemp heat pump, IC40 SWG, multiple water and fire features, Stone creek pavers Precast Concrete coping. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Spa Blower problem

Yeah, I sincerely doubt you need to run your pump at full speed unless you're trying to rip the flesh off your body.

You need to go into the programming and change the speed associated with the AUX relay running your blower to a lower speed. You can't be doing good things to your filter running the pump that hard.

However, pump speed should not impact the AUX circuit powering the blower without a breaker tripping. I would still test for an obstruction.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, I sincerely doubt you need to run your pump at full speed unless you're trying to rip the flesh off your body.

You need to go into the programming and change the speed associated with the AUX relay running your blower to a lower speed. You can't be doing good things to your filter running the pump that hard.

However, pump speed should not impact the AUX circuit powering the blower without a breaker tripping. I would still test for an obstruction.

Thanks Matt, I am going to play with it tomorrow and see it fixes the problem.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazzel View Post
    Thanks Matt, I am going to play with it tomorrow and see it fixes the problem.
    Good luck. Please report back the fix so others can learn from it.

Matt

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Pump speed doesn't have any effect on the blower motor. All the blower is doing is sucking in air to push down the pipe to add bubbles to the spa. So pump speed doesn't matter.

Thermal issue, obstruction, or the blower is just old and worn out. Things happen. Remove the blower from the stand pipe and turn it on and see if it runs or not. If it shuts off while not on the pipe, you're looking at a replacement of the unit as it's internal to the blower then. Unless of course a mouse built its home inside the unit.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube

8. Back To Top    #8

I had a similar problem and concluded it was the limit switch preventing the unit from overheating. I drilled small holes in the mounting pipe that the air blows through. I did 1 or 2 holes at a time. Each time I drilled a hole the unit ran longer. I wound up with 5 holes and the unit now keeps running. If you drill too many holes you will loose presure so go slowly. You can always tape the holes shut if you drill to many. This worked for me.

39'x18' cement pool with 4'x6' Hot Tub. Jandy valves can be set to filter the pool and spa or just circulate the water in the hot tub. Have a 400,000 BTU propane heater for quick heat-up. there is a spillway between the spa and the pool. We live in Florida where the sun is hot and plenty of it. the pool is 9 1/2' deep in the deep end and 4" in the shallow end and holds 29,000 gallons of water. We use chlorine. 1 1/2 HP pump.

9. Back To Top    #9

Good luck. Please report back the fix so others can learn from it.

Easy Fix.....called the air supply tech support this morning, the pump speed at 3400rpm was creating to much pressure for the air blower. 2700rpm and it works fine now.

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazzel View Post
    Easy Fix.....called the air supply tech support this morning, the pump speed at 3400rpm was creating to much pressure for the air blower. 2700rpm and it works fine now.

You learn something new everyday.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube