18x36 IG vinyl near Enterprise AL

Decking

Not really sure when we'll get the deck poured. Lots of backfilling, compacting and leveling to do next week. I'll guess Wed or Thurs at the earliest. It will be concrete with Kool Deck over it (still have to decide on color :roll: ). 4' wide on the long sides, and I think 6' on the shallow end and 9' on the deep end (diving board). We'll have a 5' wide walkway to the back door of our screen porch and somewhere along that walk we're putting in a solar shower (have to decide just where yet :whip: .)

Sounds Great! Keep us posted and keep the pool progress pics coming...can't wait to see it with water! :mrgreen:

We haven't poured our deck, either, but that's not stopping us from swimming everyday...we put down a couple of huge tarps so we're not tracking through the still exposed clay and grit/gravel. We also put a shallow plastic container with water for rinsing feet of kids getting in and out to go to the bathroom (I'd rather them do that than the other option!!!). Just wanted to pass along our tips and tricks since I know your little guy is eager to get in asap!
Let me know if you come up with anything new, we might try it, too!

A few pics of it filling...

1st night
nightfillingpool013.jpg

Next morning, the hopper is ALMOST full.
009.jpg

A bit more...
012-1.jpg

Ah man, that's AWESOME!!! It's probly almost full by now! We need more pics!

I wish I had my inground here so I could get started and play in the dirt!

FINALLY Full

Wow! That took a REALLY long time (course we shut the water off a few times too :roll: ) The pool if finally full and they started backfilling. The electrician comes tomorrow to wire up the timers, pumps, light, etc. Maybe tomorrow there will be circulation in the water!! :party: :party: :party: :party: PB said he hopes to have us 'done' by the weekend. I'm not holding my breath. And since I'm stuck at home with a foot injury, I'm going to make sure they do it right :whip: !

Of course some dirt went in when they were backfilling...I really like the marble design in the vinyl. The little circles are from air bubbles surfacing. Makes it look like it's raining when you look at the water!
FullPoolandmusiccamp010.jpg

My son says "It doesn't look very deep" (It's 8')
FullPoolandmusiccamp011.jpg

I think I actually overfilled a little... (2" = ~850 gal if the pool calc is right, allowing for the steps)
FullPoolandmusiccamp017.jpg

I love it! :cool: Congratulations! Hope your foot feels better soon!

SLOW progress (RAIN!!!)

:wave:
Not a lot of progress that's visible since I posted last. :(

They have started the forms for the decking, are compacting the backfill (with the RAIN's help) and ran a bonding wire around the pool at the coping. Also laid out the supports for the diving board and ladder (but DW wants it on the other side of the pool. Oh, well. I had a 50/50 shot and was wrong again. At least it's not cemented in yet!) They put in the eyeballs for the returns, installed the overflow line, Polaris outlet, and finished the opening to the pool for the skimmer. I guess I should take a picture of the slow progress at the pump/filter pad (no plumbing hooked up yet). The electrician came out and completed his part on Thurs (He did a very nice, professional job) so it was ready to be plumbed, but did I mention RAIN (again this afternoon). Guess I'll post some pics when I get time tomorrow.
:sleep:

Here are the pics I promised...

View from the patio (imagine the ladder on the OTHER side of the pool, 'cause that's where it's going!)
SonShine050.jpg

From the deep end looking NW. I think the pool should have been about 2" higher. Looks to me like a retaining wall to block run-off into the pool is in my future! In the lower right corner you can just make out the bonding wire and 1.5" PVC overflow pipe.
SonShine052.jpg

Looking from the opposite corner diagonally
SonShine053.jpg

Some progress at the equipment pad. PVC from left to right; 2" for 2 returns, 1.5" for single return on steps, 1" for Polaris, 2" for main drains, 2" for single skimmer. Mechanical timers for filter and polaris pumps with AquaRite control box above on the wall. If you look down the wall to the right, you can see it was an easy install for the electrician (very close to the main service box/meter)
SonShine051.jpg

The Deck is Poured!!

Finally some more CONCRETE progress! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!) :lol:

They poured the decking and walk to the pool from the porch today. Sorry for the picture quality, most were taken through the screening and with the wrong white balance setting on the camera. :oops:

Ready to pour
pouringthepooldeck012.jpg

In progress
pouringthepooldeck023.jpg

poolcement005.jpg

Here we are, I am on my crutches, looking it over :)
poolcement018.jpg

You can see the walk to the porch from this angle.
poolcement021.jpg

We're having the concrete covered with a light blue/gray Kool Deck :whip:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool looks so refreshing and the boy looks totally excited! :mrgreen:

finewinelewis
About 23K before the landscape restoration (mostly just sod). I wish I could say we're enjoying the pool, but there were some problems with the Kool Deck application and it's been raining so much that it STILL isn't finished. So much for the normal 3 wk build time!

Looks great, although when I install a liner I let the water fill to the bottom of the steps before cutting the liner material away from the steps and installing the step faceplate etc. We do this to allow the weight of the water to pull everything down where it belongs, if you cut the step out before the shallow end has water in it there is a chance of the screw holes in the vinyl along the step gasket becoming oblong and stretching and therefore leaking. How does anyone else feel about this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.