Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help With cracks!!!!! PLease

1. Back To Top    #1

Help With cracks!!!!! PLease

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a huge pool size 35lx15w 12ft deep 3ft in the shallow area. I'm not the original owner of the home and the pool is inground. I drain the pool last summer due to heavy alge, it's beend drained since. Now it's time to repair and upgrade a some parts. The pool is cement or plaster I can't tell and it seems like it may had some paint on it years back. It was built in 1965.

I bought 8 gallons on paint I think I may need more not sure... I been looking for cracks in the pool and found some small semi spider web, but there is one that's a bit larger than the other's I'm unsure if I can use a Concrete Patch Compound which I found on the net. Seems it will work here's the link. http://www.poolweb.com/Shop-On-Line/...E-PATCH-GALLON

I understand the pool should not be empty for more then a few days. So far there is no sign roots,leafs coming out of the pool so it seems like the crack is not deep. Now here's the question, Do I have to widen the crack and repack or can I use the Concrete Patch Compound?

Here is a link to my youtube page with a video and some pictures of the "damage". I really need some advice for this matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAK1EXjEa-k

Pm with advice..
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help With cracks!!!!! PLease

I do very little work with concrete repair, but I would use fiberglass to repair this as it is very strong and binds well to properly prepped concrete
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by rene495
    Pm with advice..
    It is preferable that all advice be posted here in the forum.
    It can then be perused by the pros. Also, the information could be of benefit to other members.

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Ryho-Hyde or Aqua Bond urethane would be good for the cracks. If you follow directions the cracks will not show back up. The urethane is flexible. The repair could be sanded after its done to look flush.