Surface Crack and Detected Leak Need Advice!

Oct 28, 2015
Cypress, Texas
We have a crack in our spa that is leaking. We also have two surface cracks on walls that are not leaking (yet).

It is Wet Edge Satin Matrix.
The pool company that built the pool 6 years ago are saying it is due to ground shifting and will cost $535 to fix (patch).
Pool Leak - YouTube

I do not want a patch to only surface further problems down the road.

Therefore, we are looking at more like $2,500 to resurface whole spa.
Is this normal with Wet Edge applications? Would patching be enough to last many more years before having to re-surface or is it better to re-surface now?

Tyvm for any help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi Laurie,

The video is a bit grainy - not sure if it's my computer. Pools, spas, stuff made from concrete are essentially natural materials. They will break down. And you will always need to do some sort of repair, whether it's patching, or replastering, or sealing, etc. So, if your company will give you a warranty on their work for maybe 1yr, I'd say save the ~$2000 for your next repair!

Good luck!

Take care,
Mo

Our pebblesheen cracked and leaked the first winter in 2012. PB fixed crack by mixing black and white pool putty and mooshed it into the crack. It hasn't leaked since. We've also gotten two more cracks since then that didn't leak but also had the putty repair. It is designed to cure underwater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.