I would like to know what others would do in my shoes, please comment.
We ordered a replacement liner, installed for $3766. Included in the installation is bottom repair, as I told them that there are "dents" now, and was assured that they would "smooth it all out."
Installation was scheduled for Monday 5/4, but on the Friday before the Office called and pushed it to Tuesday, because of weather delays during the week. I uncovered and cleaned the pool over the weekend, and removed a section of fence to give them better access. On Monday the Office called and said that the installers might show up Tuesday afternoon to prepare, but would not finish until Wednesday. Late Tuesday morning I get called from home, the installers have arrived and started!
By the time that I get home at 1:30, the old liner is out and they are working on the bottom. It's sunny and warm. At 3 they tell me that they could not get a water truck, so they will not patch the bottom today, but will do it in the morning. They tell me that they want to put the liner in on the wet patch, and then add water, so that it will be smooth.
Wednesday morning they show up and it's raining. not very hard yet, though. They mix up some patch, and start to apply it, but then it starts raining harder, and water is puddling in the deep end, so they leave a pump in and call it a day.
Thursday they show up, pump out the water, and start patching. Water is seeping in under one wall and trickling down the slope when I looked at 8. [attachment=1:2kqu89dl]patching.jpg[/attachment:2kqu89dl]
When I check again at 9:30, the liner is already in, the vacuum is running and weights are placed in the shallow end. [attachment=0:2kqu89dl]Liner.jpg[/attachment:2kqu89dl]
The first of 3 loads of water goes in at 10, the last at 12. This is what it looks like-> (next post)