Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Holes in Gunite shell

1. Back To Top    #1

Holes in Gunite shell

Holes in the pool shell. Please see the photos. We had actual holes appear in the shell in the beginning, the pool company showed up and filled them with hydraulic cement. This week, they were preparing for the interior finish, turned on the deadman line to empty the water in the pool due to the water table. Another hole showed up and they did the same thing by placing hydraulic concrete. Now here is my issue, I just went out to look at the finish that was placed 13 hrs ago and those holes are now looking wet through the plaster. We had pebble sheen do the interior finish. What should I do?!?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Holes in Gunite shell

It may be that those areas are taking longer to dry but I would take this up with the builder.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Holes in Gunite shell

If they were patched in the last few days they will take longer to dry. Talk to your builder and ask to explain what is happening.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall