Need recommendation for telescoping pole

JuYuHu

Mar 7, 2017
Houston, TX
We got a start-up kit with our pool build that came with a pole, brush, net, vacuum head. The pole does not lock well, and often collapses when we are trying to clean the deeper parts of our pool.

Please recommend a lightweight, sturdy telescopic pool that locks tightly and will not slide/collapse!

Thanks so much!!

JYU,

I initially bought poles at Home Depot/Lowes, but they were terrible..

I went to my local (Not Leslies) pool store and found one that works great for me. Always locks and unlocks with ease.. I did not know it at the time, but when I got home, found it is a Pentair product.

Rainbow, metal cam, telescopic pole. Lifeguard, #812-16.. Pentair P/N 191046. Costs about $30 bucks.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Not to completely resurrect an old post but I recently bought a new house that has a pool. Old house had a pool too but I left all the equipment there as I didn't think I'd be buying a house with a pool again. But here I am.

I've inherited pretty much garbage in terms of pool equipment. I pretty much want to replace it all but as this post hints... I need a new telescoping pole. I don't mind paying some good money for a pole permitting that it lasts for as long as I want it to. Seems like a lot of people stand by their Skimlites. If Skimlite, what is a good pole for a residential user? Or are there other brands that won't splinter, bend, fail-to-lock, etc?

After getting tired of poles breaking or blue paint coming off on my hands, I decided to find a good sturdy pole. I ended up buying a Skimlite pole, their Dually pole, model 2016. I think I paid something like $80 for it but I've had it for about 8 years and it's in great shape. It is a super sturdy pole and is great for leaf raking especially. For skimming the surface, there was a pole here when we bought the house. It's a great pole because it's so light weight, but I leave the simmer net on it all the time because the one time I had to change it, I had a diffficult time. It's one of those epliptical poles that are just out of rough enough that you twist the two pieces and it locks the pole easily. But I think the pole is at least 20 years old.

Back to the Skimlite, I use that one mainly with the leaf rack. My one regret on this pole is that it's a bit heavy (probably easier for a man to handle). I think Skimlite also makes lighter weight poles. You could see the ones they have on their website Skimlite | Home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.