Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A BIG thanks!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

A BIG thanks!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to all who helped me last September. We bought a house w/ a pool in August and due to our lack on knowledge and never owning a pool before, our pool turned green and we could not enjoy it last year . With some reading over and over and lots of questions... I started the SLAM process...I did not get my CYA # right the first time and we (the wonderful people in this forum) figured that out after the 1st week SLAM not producing results. So I stared SLAM 2! Pics below...
    Attachment 58465Attachment 58466
    I maintained my pool over the winter uncovered... barely checking it... below pic is what it looks like today & my #'s are all pretty good except for my TA (little on the high side) but working on that.
    Attachment 58467
    I still consider myself a newbie... no longer a rookie newbie, but a newbie non the less, if there are NEW newbies out there that are skeptical ...DO NOT be...
    invest in a TF test kit and read,read, ask questions and read some more.... I promise you will have a beautiful sparkly pool - someone on here put it "clear like Gin"
    Now we can enjoy our pool this summer!!!
    24' round above ground - 13,500 gal
    sand filter - TF-100 - 1.5 hp pump
    We live outside of city limits and water costs are doubled

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A BIG thanks!!!

Ooooh... Gin & Tonic! My kinda drink!

Pool looks great Staci- Well Done!! I remember all the troubles you had starting to clear it last year. You're gonna ENJOY it this year!!

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: A BIG thanks!!!

OH Happy day!

"my #'s are all pretty good except for my TA (little on the high side) but working on that." THIS is what stands out to me! You know that it is high AND you know to work on it and how!!! AWESOME!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit