Pool light suggestions

I have a smartpool nightlighter I got the 50watt version. I put an led replacement bulb in it and it does a nice job lighting up the pool. There is a nighttime shot in the album in my signature.

I've had one of these for years now and it's great, but it won't work for a steel sided pool.

One weird thing... If I let it dry out it gets dim and yellowish, but after being submerged for a day or two, it returns to normal. It's not the plastic lens. The LEDs actually are dim. I can't figure why it does this, but I only take it out over the winter anyway, so it's not a big deal. I just mention it in the event yours does it too, so you dont think it's broken.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a smartpool nightlighter I got the 50watt version. I put an led replacement bulb in it and it does a nice job lighting up the pool. There is a nighttime shot in the album in my signature.

How long would you estimate the power cord??? The manual on the Smartpool site does not give a length. My GFCI plug is approx. 10' max away from the pool wall.

I see your photo with the light on. I would venture to say a 100 watt would really light the pool up?? Where did you find the LED bulb for it?

I just finished a DIY 18x33 Oval. See my build here for my GFCI location:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8DY5EnJk5XMcnF0aWtQV3BHVkk?usp=sharing

Nice job on the pool so far.

The cord from the transformer to the light is about 28'. The cord from the transformer to the plug is about 18". The transformer is where the on/off switch is. So you will want to plug it in in a spot that is convenient to get to at night when you want to turn the light on and off.

I forgot exactly which bulb I ended up getting but it is a bi-pin base 12V bulb it was pretty easy to find on amazon from what I remember.

Nice job on the pool so far.

The cord from the transformer to the light is about 28'. The cord from the transformer to the plug is about 18". The transformer is where the on/off switch is. So you will want to plug it in in a spot that is convenient to get to at night when you want to turn the light on and off.

I forgot exactly which bulb I ended up getting but it is a bi-pin base 12V bulb it was pretty easy to find on amazon from what I remember.

Thanks. It was a bear of a job to install for a first timer. I will opt for an installer next time. Getting to old to build stuff like that! ;)

One last question even though I think this is the light I need. Can the on/off switch be reached from inside the pool?

The on/off switch is built into the light transformer which has a very short plug to get plugged into an outlet. The Long 28 foot cord is the low voltage side going to the light. The only way you will be able to reach the switch is if you have an outlet within arms reach of the pool which I don't exactly recommend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.