Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Preseason Green Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Preseason Green Pool

I'm several weeks from my typical opening, but my pool is really green. This is the first time I've had a green pool since my pool was built in 2011. Any swimming before mid May is bonus swimming, but I start circulating mid April just to get it looking good. Should I go ahead and get things going or let it go until mid April when I typically start? We had a lot of warm weather after closing last year and an above average February.
    SCon36

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgL...0MyAw&index=29

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Preseason Green Pool

Early start is an earlier finish. And it frequently will be about aside while cooler and algae not as active. My pool is open now although we prob won't be in it until may
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

3. Back To Top    #3

We suggest opening before the water temps hit 60- algae starts to grow faster at 60+.

Get started now! You don't want to be looking at green for days on end. You know the SLAM procedure, right?? SLAM

Holler back if you have any questions on it.

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll likely get on it this weekend or early next week. Thanks for the advice!

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice to see you back, Mario!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

It's good to be back. Thanks!