silly pool chemical pusher!

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
so, I went to my local ace hardware to pick up the salt I will need to get my new swg all rockin' and rollin' :rockon: and she was stunned when I asked for the cheap 99.6% salt by the front door and refused the more expensive pool salt that they have "on a pallet just down this way" ... so, when I explained in a few different ways that I was good with what they had by the front door, she succumbed finally and sold it to me with a slight "you are going to ruin your pool" attitude...followed by "we will be getting our pool chemicals stocked in a few weeks, so don't forget to stop by and grab what you will need :blah:"

I said "nah, I'm good...I won't be needing it" and she visibly smirked and said "well, you will need it to shock :shock: your pool at least once a week or you will be having major issues" -

so I said "buh bye" :wave: "gotta bounce" :bounce:

gosh, that sure was fun... :lovetfp: feels good to know more than they do...because I studied :study:!

now, if I could just get a bit of warmer weather and the last part I need, I can get things all set up and ready to rock! :snorkle:

Those pool pellets are the worst. Take forever to dissolve. I know this sounds nuts but leslies has fine grade pool salt that dissolves in under a minute so not all poor store items are bad.

Also, yeah, its kind of fun playing the whole "who knows more" game with people who obviously don't.

By chance was this the same place that sold you SO much stuff for your pool last year??? You know all of the stuff you had to drain your pool and scoop it up off the bottom :shock:

I am SO proud of what you were able to do and all that you learned and are helping others learn as well! WOW!

:hug:

Kim:kim:

By chance was this the same place that sold you SO much stuff for your pool last year??? You know all of the stuff you had to drain your pool and scoop it up off the bottom :shock:

I am SO proud of what you were able to do and all that you learned and are helping others learn as well! WOW!

:hug:

Kim:kim:

that was ultra modern pool and patio in west Wichita ks that jacked me so bad last year...this was a random sales clerk at an ace hardware...she tried to play pool pro on me a bit...DISMISSED! lol

I am making a few changes this year, so my learning curve is back, but most of what I learned last summer still applies, I just have a few new things to learn to get this all sorted out :) it feels good to truly understand my water! I remember when I got it set up the first time, two summers back, and I had no earthly clue what the heck to do other than fill it and swim! LOL

We live in Andover, Kansas, and are dealing with Ultra Modern. They sold us our above ground doughboy pool a year ago. It's been a nightmare, the customer service has had me in tears and ready to blow, and I'm a slow brewer. Currently trying to get our Hayward pump motor fixed and working so I have to work with them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.