Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: silly pool chemical pusher!

1. Back To Top    #1

silly pool chemical pusher!

so, I went to my local ace hardware to pick up the salt I will need to get my new swg all rockin' and rollin' and she was stunned when I asked for the cheap 99.6% salt by the front door and refused the more expensive pool salt that they have "on a pallet just down this way" ... so, when I explained in a few different ways that I was good with what they had by the front door, she succumbed finally and sold it to me with a slight "you are going to ruin your pool" attitude...followed by "we will be getting our pool chemicals stocked in a few weeks, so don't forget to stop by and grab what you will need "

I said "nah, I'm good...I won't be needing it" and she visibly smirked and said "well, you will need it to shock your pool at least once a week or you will be having major issues" -

so I said "buh bye" "gotta bounce"

gosh, that sure was fun... feels good to know more than they do...because I studied !

now, if I could just get a bit of warmer weather and the last part I need, I can get things all set up and ready to rock!
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: silly pool chemical pusher!

Those pool pellets are the worst. Take forever to dissolve. I know this sounds nuts but leslies has fine grade pool salt that dissolves in under a minute so not all poor store items are bad.

Also, yeah, its kind of fun playing the whole "who knows more" game with people who obviously don't.
    18k gallon, 20x32, salt IC20, gunite with quartz finish, raised spa with overflow, flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Racer, Pentair pool pump, cartridge filter, heater, etc., acid dispenser.
    TF-100 kit for sparkling clean water.

3. Back To Top    #3

how expensive is that salt at leslies? I will be doing my set up long before we can swim, so taking a bit longer to dissolve should not be a huge deal ... I paid 4.50 per 40lb bag at Ace
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

By chance was this the same place that sold you SO much stuff for your pool last year??? You know all of the stuff you had to drain your pool and scoop it up off the bottom

I am SO proud of what you were able to do and all that you learned and are helping others learn as well! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Good job!

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ta2dwonderwoman View Post
    how expensive is that salt at leslies? I will be doing my set up long before we can swim, so taking a bit longer to dissolve should not be a huge deal ... I paid 4.50 per 40lb bag at Ace
    10 bucks a bag.
    18k gallon, 20x32, salt IC20, gunite with quartz finish, raised spa with overflow, flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Racer, Pentair pool pump, cartridge filter, heater, etc., acid dispenser.
    TF-100 kit for sparkling clean water.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    By chance was this the same place that sold you SO much stuff for your pool last year??? You know all of the stuff you had to drain your pool and scoop it up off the bottom

I am SO proud of what you were able to do and all that you learned and are helping others learn as well! WOW!

Kim

that was ultra modern pool and patio in west Wichita ks that jacked me so bad last year...this was a random sales clerk at an ace hardware...she tried to play pool pro on me a bit...DISMISSED! lol

I am making a few changes this year, so my learning curve is back, but most of what I learned last summer still applies, I just have a few new things to learn to get this all sorted out it feels good to truly understand my water! I remember when I got it set up the first time, two summers back, and I had no earthly clue what the heck to do other than fill it and swim! LOL

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

Spew!!!!!!!!!!! Love it! Amen!!!!!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

We live in Andover, Kansas, and are dealing with Ultra Modern. They sold us our above ground doughboy pool a year ago. It's been a nightmare, the customer service has had me in tears and ready to blow, and I'm a slow brewer. Currently trying to get our Hayward pump motor fixed and working so I have to work with them.
    AG Doughboy 16x28', Opened June 2016
    Aquaview 20" filter w 7 position valve
    1-1/2 hp Powerline Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit