Coleman/Intel. 26 round. Base for pool

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
The area I want to use is about 7 inch difference low to high. I know you want to dig down to low end. My landscaper want's to pull up sod to level down, and put about 4 inches of sand base compacted
To 2 inches . I have read Intel advise's against sand to level . But this will be all ready level. Is this ok?
He says he has put up a lot of pools from the blow up ones to hi end above ground and this is the way he advised to do it. I asked about screenings he doesn't like it for the reason it doesn't allow water to drain. We have a lot of shale in our area. Is sand the way to go . Thanks

Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom

Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom
I put about 1-1/2" of compacted sand down after I leveled for my 18' Ultra Frame, going on my third season with no issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.