Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coleman/Intel. 26 round. Base for pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Coleman/Intel. 26 round. Base for pool

The area I want to use is about 7 inch difference low to high. I know you want to dig down to low end. My landscaper want's to pull up sod to level down, and put about 4 inches of sand base compacted
    To 2 inches . I have read Intel advise's against sand to level . But this will be all ready level. Is this ok?
    He says he has put up a lot of pools from the blow up ones to hi end above ground and this is the way he advised to do it. I asked about screenings he doesn't like it for the reason it doesn't allow water to drain. We have a lot of shale in our area. Is sand the way to go . Thanks
    15K Gal coleman 26 Round Intex swg Hayward S210T93S 1 1/2 hp matrix pump 21 inch sand filter Taylor k2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coleman/Intel. 26 round. Base for pool

He has the correct idea.............level down to lowest spot then add the sand to finish the job. Not sure why you would need to worry about draining water but he likes his way so.........

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom
    15K Gal coleman 26 Round Intex swg Hayward S210T93S 1 1/2 hp matrix pump 21 inch sand filter Taylor k2006

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan101 View Post
    Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom
    I put about 1-1/2" of compacted sand down after I leveled for my 18' Ultra Frame, going on my third season with no issues.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!