Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filling a new AGP a foot a day?

1. Back To Top    #1

Filling a new AGP a foot a day?

I'm having my pool installed on April 10th - 15 foot round. The installer said to only fill the pool 1 foot per day not all at once. I have never heard that before? Has anyone heard of that? He said the liner needs time to settle and filling it all at once could burst the liner. But I'm worried because I have read on this website that you never want to leave a pool empty or near empty because the walls could collapse or something? I'm confused what to do? Thanks
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filling a new AGP a foot a day?

I haven't heard of that. I installed my liner and filled it up the same day with no issues. Only thing I could see is maybe allowing the liner to warm up in the sun so it is easier to stretch but a foot a day is a little crazy to me.
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Sounds like bunk to me, but I guess I'd do what he says if the warranty depends upon it. Otherwise, I'd fill that sucker up.

If you do fill it slowly, add some bleach and stir it up by hand to keep the algae at bay until the water level gets high enough to run your pump.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Two guesses 1) would be the builder is concerned about the liner being cold and he wants it to stretch evenly 2) he's concerned about your well pump/well. You should discuss it with him and see what his reason is and tell him your concerns. Day 1 only having a foot in the pool is marginal but probably ok, 1 foot of water 15 feet in diameter weighs quiet a bit. By day 2 you will be half full on your pool which is enough to hold the walls up in a very stiff wind. By day 3 theres no reason to worry.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help