Plunge valves & fittings

Mar 27, 2017
SEFFNER
My Bestway 14' x 42" Steel Pro™ Frame Pool Set has 1.25 hoses that connect to the pool with a clamp. It did not come with a valve to shut the water off from the pool to the pump system. It's a pita to change the filter or do any maintenance without the valves. So, I want to buy them, but every one I find seems to screw on to the pool. There is no place on the pool to screw onto = it's a hose/clamp. Also, none of the descriptions tell you what size hose they take. I have no clue and they are expensive piece to guess at. How can I convert these valves to use with my system.

I have Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump & Krystal Clear Saltwater Pool Chlorinator w/ GFCI which uses 1.5 hoses. I had to use converters for my hoses to the pool, but it came with the right sized fittings, so it was no problem.

Any idea what cut off valves and/or converters I can use and how I can make it work? TY

Re: Plunge valves & fittings

This should fit a bestway pool. I used these when I had my intex. You plug these from the inside of the pool. You have to take off the strainer and the return jet thing and just use this plug.

https://www.amazon.com/GAME-4554-Re...rd_wg=dyYFL&psc=1&refRID=5MYESJ1999B0SBMQ0K4B

Thanks
I have a few of these - it's just a pain to switch them out with every time - they are not that easy to get off and on when the pool is full. I was hoping for more of a valve that I can turn on and off. Thanks for the suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that would work.... maybe. It's just weird how things fit together. Maybe I'll order the valves and find out... but seriously, this is what I want - I just don't know what size hose fits it... or how to actually hook it to the pool.
https://www.amazon.com/Intex-25080RP-Replacement-Plunger-O-Ring/dp/B00EIMRZGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490812917&sr=8-1&keywords=intex+plunger+valve

Thanks
I have a few of these - it's just a pain to switch them out with every time - they are not that easy to get off and on when the pool is full. I was hoping for more of a valve that I can turn on and off. Thanks for the suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that would work.... maybe. It's just weird how things fit together. Maybe I'll order the valves and find out... but seriously, this is what I want - I just don't know what size hose fits it... or how to actually hook it to the pool.
https://www.amazon.com/Intex-25080RP-Replacement-Plunger-O-Ring/dp/B00EIMRZGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490812917&sr=8-1&keywords=intex+plunger+valve

Those fit the 1.5" Intex fittings. If you've already got an adapter to hook up to your Intex pump, you can insert one of these between your adapter and the pump. It doesn't matter at which end of the hose you put it. I attached mine directly to the pump as shown:

temporary_zps91dbac76.jpg

Hi, everyone. To make sure I understand what you want to do, are you wanting to cut larger holes to use 1.5” fittings, or are you wanting to keep the 1.25” holes and attach plunger valves?

Here is my set-up:

FD2E62CE-6923-4FBE-9F56-FDAD450A4F7D.jpg

Reactions: mnprevost

Those fit the 1.5" Intex fittings. If you've already got an adapter to hook up to your Intex pump, you can insert one of these between your adapter and the pump. It doesn't matter at which end of the hose you put it. I attached mine directly to the pump as shown:

temporary_zps91dbac76.jpg
This is brilliant! You may have just solved part of my problem!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.