Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plunge valves & fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Plunge valves & fittings

My Bestway 14' x 42" Steel Pro™ Frame Pool Set has 1.25 hoses that connect to the pool with a clamp. It did not come with a valve to shut the water off from the pool to the pump system. It's a pita to change the filter or do any maintenance without the valves. So, I want to buy them, but every one I find seems to screw on to the pool. There is no place on the pool to screw onto = it's a hose/clamp. Also, none of the descriptions tell you what size hose they take. I have no clue and they are expensive piece to guess at. How can I convert these valves to use with my system.

I have Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump & Krystal Clear Saltwater Pool Chlorinator w/ GFCI which uses 1.5 hoses. I had to use converters for my hoses to the pool, but it came with the right sized fittings, so it was no problem.

Any idea what cut off valves and/or converters I can use and how I can make it work? TY
    ___
    AG Bestway 14' x 42" ~4K gal
    Intex2500 GPH Cartridge filter Krystal Clear Saltwater Pool Chlorinator w/ GFCI

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plunge valves & fittings

i think this is what you need. someone else might chime in and tell you something different.
    https://www.amazon.com/25077RP-Repla...=intex+adapter
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 16" pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer

3. Back To Top    #3

This should fit a bestway pool. I used these when I had my intex. You plug these from the inside of the pool. You have to take off the strainer and the return jet thing and just use this plug.

https://www.amazon.com/GAME-4554-Rep...1999B0SBMQ0K4B
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    This should fit a bestway pool. I used these when I had my intex. You plug these from the inside of the pool. You have to take off the strainer and the return jet thing and just use this plug.

https://www.amazon.com/GAME-4554-Rep...1999B0SBMQ0K4B

Thanks
    I have a few of these - it's just a pain to switch them out with every time - they are not that easy to get off and on when the pool is full. I was hoping for more of a valve that I can turn on and off. Thanks for the suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that would work.... maybe. It's just weird how things fit together. Maybe I'll order the valves and find out... but seriously, this is what I want - I just don't know what size hose fits it... or how to actually hook it to the pool.
    https://www.amazon.com/Intex-25080RP...+plunger+valve
    ___
    AG Bestway 14' x 42" ~4K gal
    Intex2500 GPH Cartridge filter Krystal Clear Saltwater Pool Chlorinator w/ GFCI

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sljasble View Post
    Thanks
    I have a few of these - it's just a pain to switch them out with every time - they are not that easy to get off and on when the pool is full. I was hoping for more of a valve that I can turn on and off. Thanks for the suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that would work.... maybe. It's just weird how things fit together. Maybe I'll order the valves and find out... but seriously, this is what I want - I just don't know what size hose fits it... or how to actually hook it to the pool.
    https://www.amazon.com/Intex-25080RP...+plunger+valve

Those fit the 1.5" Intex fittings. If you've already got an adapter to hook up to your Intex pump, you can insert one of these between your adapter and the pump. It doesn't matter at which end of the hose you put it. I attached mine directly to the pump as shown:

25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

6. Back To Top    #6

That is what I just bought I have 2 I take holes do I need a different kind?? HELP

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi, everyone. To make sure I understand what you want to do, are you wanting to cut larger holes to use 1.5” fittings, or are you wanting to keep the 1.25” holes and attach plunger valves?

Here is my set-up:

FD2E62CE-6923-4FBE-9F56-FDAD450A4F7D.jpg
    16' by 4' Intex Ultra Frame AGP
    Intex Sand Filter Pump & SWG
    Hayward Skimmer, Intex Auto Cleaner
    TF-100 & Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    Those fit the 1.5" Intex fittings. If you've already got an adapter to hook up to your Intex pump, you can insert one of these between your adapter and the pump. It doesn't matter at which end of the hose you put it. I attached mine directly to the pump as shown:

This is brilliant! You may have just solved part of my problem!

Artists aren't crazy... We're eccentric! -G. Moose Ross

21' Above Ground Vinyl Pool (Round) with an Intext 3000 GPH sand filter with 15,000 gal SWCG
    Test strips for salt readings. Liquid water test kit for all other readings.