Spa draining into pool, ideas?

Shap

Oct 25, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey,

I have a pool/spa that I'm having a few issues with. The spa empties about 3/4 the water during day back into the pool. I replaced two spring check values for the bottom and therapy jets, but that made no difference.

Not sure what else could be causing this?

I've attached photos of my system for reference.

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8otl2lab4bimor1/AADThr5ubcQUM7oJHv3piUWja?dl=0

Last edited:
Elevated spa? In line chlorine puck feeder? More info is needed (possibly some piping pic would help) to give a recco. Normally if a raised spa, a checkvalve leak is most likely. Some chlorine feeders plumb into the pool return lines will do this too ( ask me how I know��). Since you replaced the checks, take them apart and ensure no glue dripped into the rubber seat area and verify the checks dont have a drilled hole in the flapper (like is done for some solar install checks and diverter valves)

Elevated spa? In line chlorine puck feeder? More info is needed (possibly some piping pic would help) to give a recco. Normally if a raised spa, a checkvalve leak is most likely. Some chlorine feeders plumb into the pool return lines will do this too ( ask me how I know��). Since you replaced the checks, take them apart and ensure no glue dripped into the rubber seat area and verify the checks dont have a drilled hole in the flapper (like is done for some solar install checks and diverter valves)

Hi, see the link for bunch of pipe photos. I'll double check the replacements I used as suggested. No in line Florine feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It drains when the pump is running? not when it is off? And you have the spa suction and return closed? If that is the case, looking at your picture, the only thing I can think is the check the suction side valve diverter for leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.