Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair IntelliBrite 5G problems

Less than 2 years after installing 9 IntelliBrite #601002 5G colour pool lights 2 of them have stopped working. Inspection shows the interior bone dry but transistor C18 burnt/melted, (photos attached) control is through IntelliTouch.

Pentair will sell a Light Engine Kit for $703 or I can buy a replacement light for only $560, with transport and duties to bring to Mexico the cost will be getting on towards 2 thousand dollars, which probable makes these the worlds most expensive transistors!

Has anyone else experience with this type of failure and hopefully a less expensive solution??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    42K Poured Concrete, Quartz, 4XJetpacks in integrated spa. 3XIntelliflo, Cartridge Filter 420. IntelliTouch+I9+3+iS10 Spa control. Intellichlor IC60, Intellichem+CO2 injection. 9XIntellibrite 5G LEDs HE-150 Heat Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G problems

C19 looks like it has failed as well. Both C18 and C19 were capacitors. I'm betting the fuse at F1 is open as well.
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G problems

If you purchased 9 of these lights less than 2 years ago from a brick and mortar pool store, and you have the proof of purchase, they should be under warranty.

Having said that, you live in Mexico and, to be honest, don't know if that would affect your warranty.

It shouldn't, but that isn't my call.

If Pentair turns down your claim, i would push real hard for some sort of warranty.

Now, if you got these lights through the internet, unfortunately, all bets are off. I believe you only get 90? days. Something like that.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak (Rheem, Rudd), Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.