Newbie! Would Love some help, please!

Mar 27, 2017
NJ
Hello everyone! We are first time hot tub buyers and would love some help. We have narrowed it down to two hot tubs. The first one is a Saratoga Spa Special Edition C35 and the other is a Caldera spa Vanto.

Both spas are very similar in price and space. My main concern is with the Jets. The Jets in the Vanto all were the same type. (Other than size). They were mostly smaller in size compared to the other tub. However the Saratoga spa had many different sizes and functions . I am not sure if that means anything or would make a difference. I am also not familiar with any hot tub company, so I'd also like to know if either companies tubs are of quality. I appreciate any assistance you guys could give me. I could provide pictures of both if that helps. We are supposed to make a decision this week. Thank you so much!!!!

Welcome to TFP.
I haven't tried either of those brands but if I was spending $ for a new tub I would want to try it before I bought it.
We are all built differently, and use our tubs for different reasons, so it's hard for us to know which one you'd like more.
If that store doesn't do "test drives" then I'd go elsewhere.
Also, read up on maintaining your water so you don't end up buying $pecial chemicals and/or service from the tub store. Maintaining your water is not "rocket science" and can be done with inexpensive and commonly available products. See the "sticky" threads above.
And, lastly, do buy a special product called "AhhSome for spas". I would want an AhhSome treatment done before the "permanent" water is put in. If this doesn't get done then it's possible that you will have a very hard time keeping your water balanced and sanitized due to biofilm that grew in the plumbing during the time between when it left the manufacturer to when you got it.
Good luck! Enjoy!

Thanks so much for your great advice! I actually wrote the Caldera dealer last night to ask if we could test it. I'm waiting for his reply. I'll have to call the other dealer and see what he says.
Do you guys actually sit in it to test it?! Do they do that right in the middle of the showroom?
Thanks also for the tip about Ahhsome! I'll definitely make that purchase!!!

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Sit in it for 1/2 hour or more. Try all the different seats and jet and air settings. It's the only way to know if you like it.
The store may arrange a time when you can try the tub(s) while the showroom is closed to others.

Thank you both very much! I appreciate the feedback and advice!!

I would love it if anyone has any experience with either tub they can share. I love getting honest reviews.

Thanks again!

Hello again. So I heard back from one dealer. He said I can test out 3 models that have similar seating/jets. I remember when we went to the showroom the one we liked had a "Sold" sign on it. Is that ok??

We have a Caldera Vanto for 4 years now outside on a deck in Oregon. It has worked great during that time even though it is exposed to the elements year round. We have used it when the outside temp has been in the 30s, and the heater doesn't keep up, but it stays hot for long enough to enjoy. It comfortably seat 4 and 6 isn't too bad. We have had no problems with it and the tub and exterior cabinet still look like new.

We have a Caldera Vanto for 4 years now outside on a deck in Oregon. It has worked great during that time even though it is exposed to the elements year round. We have used it when the outside temp has been in the 30s, and the heater doesn't keep up, but it stays hot for long enough to enjoy. It comfortably seat 4 and 6 isn't too bad. We have had no problems with it and the tub and exterior cabinet still look like new.

Thank you so much for replying!! We just put a deposit down on the Vanto!! I'm glad to hear an honest review! Are you happy with the pressure of the jets?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.