Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help finding hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Help finding hose

I am needing a hose to connect to my stenner chlorine tank. It needs to be 1 1/4" ID. Does anyone know where I can find something that size that will work with chlorine? All I could find at HomeDepot is Vinyl. Wasnt sure if that would work.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help finding hose

I would suggest calling these two companies- they both have excellent records for finding the unusual pool part-

sunplay.com

INYOpools.com

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The vinyl will work but what type of connection do you need to make that requires 1.25" hose??
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I am installing a 55 gallon drum under my house and will have a fill cap on the outside (kind of like houses with oil tanks under the house). This will just be a convenience thing for me so I do not have to cart the full barrel around the house, I will be able to back up and fill the tank without unloading it. The 1 1/4" is the size of the fill spout and the connection on my drum. I will also be attaching a 1/2" pipe to vent to the exterior in case the barrel ever becomes pressurized although I never see that happening.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I gotcha' now, Thanks. You may get some slow deterioration of that vinyl (brittleness) but you'll be able to see it slowly happening and can replace it if it does. There4 are some high grade hoses you can get but I wouldn't pay for them.
    Dave S.

6. Back To Top    #6

I did find some Spa hose thats 1 1/4" ID. It was at HomeDepot but it didnt say what it was made of. It's the white pipe. I was twice the price of the clear but still only $5 per foot. I only need 5 feet. Would that be a better option?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Would that be a better option?
    I don't know what it is.

Most plastics will work, I think, but you will have to observe them as I think some can turn brittle.
    Dave S.

8. Back To Top    #8

It looked like the flex hose that connects my booster to my PVC, only bigger. I will have to dig around and see what material it actually is.