Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualuminator Fountain Attachment

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualuminator Fountain Attachment

I am looking at purchasing a fountain for my pool and have the Aqualuminator return. Looks like one of my options is the Aqualuminator fountain. I was wondering if anyone has this fountain and could clarify something for me? Currently my water flow is pointing at a 45 degree angle toward the bottom of the pool and I notice with this attachment you have to point the flow up. I also see in the instructions that it has a bypass valve. I am curious if I have to remove the attachment when I am not using it to point my flow back the original way or can I just use the bypass valve and just turn my flow back with the attachment still attached? Thanks!
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualuminator Fountain Attachment

Looks like it has to point up to work. and you'll have to take it off to have water flow back into the pool. The bypass is on the front and looks like it just allows water to spill out to cut back distance. I took a look at the install instructions on pentairs site.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

3. Back To Top    #3

Yea I looked over the instructions and they weren't very clear on it. I read a review that said when they aren't using they just use the bypass valve but that is all that was said on the review. So it seems like maybe the bypass valve could work to direct flow back through the original flow but was trying to get some clarification by someone who may have it installed. Thanks!
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Guess I may have to just bite the bullet and found out myself lol. Not a big deal since it is only around 35 bucks.
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit