Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Snow Joe MELT Professional Strength 94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets safe?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Snow Joe MELT Professional Strength 94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets safe?

I've found several threads on this, and there is confirmation that it raises CH as expected. That's great!
    Is it safe?
    If so, I suggest it be considered for addition to the recommended +CH chem list.

Here is the SDS with a seemingly thorough ingredient list for that other 6%, 5% of which might be table salt?

Sam's Club membership warehouse club has your choice of 25lb bag or 10lb jug for $12.74 shipped. 50lb for $20.72.

So if anyone knows what to look for and can confidently share whether this is safe or not, both for humans and pool I'd be grateful.

If we can't reach a confident answer, the chemistry store might just get my order for their Calcium Chloride Anhydrous which I assume is the safest of all?

Thank you all!
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Snow Joe MELT Professional Strength 94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets safe?

Hello,
    I've used similar, worked well, no ill effects, brought CH level where I needed it.
    Increasing CH level
    Murrieta, CA. 15K (Est) pool/spa. Hayward Tristar SP3220EE 2.70HP pump, Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter C4025 425sqft (PA106), Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater. TF-100/Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Snow Joe MELT Professional Strength 94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets safe?

I think so. More details here too, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach