Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
These guys were used to plumbing the booster pump after the SWG. I guess I took them out of their element when I told them to plumb it before the SWG. :shock: Well they also plumbed it before the filter :hammer: Isn't that wrong???? :rant:
Help please. Electrician is suppose to be here in a.m.

I just want to cry :cry:

Attachments

• Plumbing 001.jpg
    Plumbing 001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Plumbing 002.jpg
    Plumbing 002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Plumbing 003.jpg
    Plumbing 003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 469
Re: Plumbing screwed up???Need help fast

The downside of course of plumbing before the filter is that it will send dirt and small debris to the cleaner where it might clog the cleaner. You're right in that it is best to plumb it between the filter and swg although after the SWG shouldn't be a big problem just not ideal. I can't tell from the pictures but it looks like he could of moved the equipment away from the edge of pad so there would have been more room for the booster between the filter and swg. I would make him redo it.

Also, it is a good idea to have at least 10" of straight pipe before the pump basket on the suction side.

I also asked that there be at least 12" of straight pipe going into the main pump and there is only 8.5". Is that something I should address??
My pad is 6x8. Here are a couple other pics. If you notice, the nut I have to get to to losen the filter lid is towards the back of my future building, along with the pressure gage facing that way also. I guess there's not much I can do about that is there??
Could you describe to me what could be done, as I don't think they will offer any suggestions. They will want to leave it as is I'm sure. :hammer:

Thanks

Attachments

• Plumbing 004.jpg
    Plumbing 004.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Plumbing 005.jpg
    Plumbing 005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 426

I guess when I asked that the plumbing be stubbed up on the back side of the pad, I didn't realize the filter would be facing backwards. :hammer:

O.K. I'm going to think out loud here :scratch: Bear in mind I am no plumber.
Could I put a T at the pressure outlet of the filter and connect the suction to the booster pump to it??? The filter could be moved closer to the corner of the pad.
Also, to get a longer pipe going into the main pump, could some of the 2 suction pipes be shortened???
I hope I'm making some sense :roll:

Yes you could put a tee after the filter for the booster but you have so much room on that pad, I really can't understand why the plumber did what he did. There is plemty of room for the booster and for 10" of pump suction pipe.

I'm with you Mark. :rant: So my thinking would work,(all of my thinking)?? That seems to be the easiest way to fix the problem. But I don't want to compromise my equipment with the easy way out. Other suggestions?????

Hi Lynn

Mark's got you covered on the plumbing issues (and better than I could :p )!

The band clamp and top of the filter and the orientation of the top 1/2, including where the pressure gauge faces and the air valve points, can be changed at your leisure 8) All you have to do is remove the band and turn the top where you want it to face and then reband itso the bolt is in a good position for you :-D

Are you up and running?

waste said:
Hi Lynn

Mark's got you covered on the plumbing issues (and better than I could :p )!

The band clamp and top of the filter and the orientation of the top 1/2, including where the pressure gauge faces and the air valve points, can be changed at your leisure 8) All you have to do is remove the band and turn the top where you want it to face and then reband itso the bolt is in a good position for you :-D

Are you up and running?

Hallelujh on the filter position :party: No, not running yet. The electrician will be here in the morning. That's why I needed help so quickly on this plumbing issue.
If I do has I have thought out, it should not mess up the electrician, right?? But should the plumbing be complete before the electrical is hooked in??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Orthofish, is there any reason why you cannot move the filter and main pump back on the pad to give yourself more room. Separating the filter before the swg and the pump between the tee and basket, should allow you to move both away from the other plumbing to give you enough room for a tee between the elbow and SWG and 10" of suction pipe. The rest of the plumbing would not need to be changed except for the booster. The SWG and filter fittings will accept a 2 1/2" coupling so that can be reused if you want.

Took me a few reads before I got what you are saying :hammer: Yes, Mark, I think that would be the way to go. :-D
Thank you so much. Any other advice gladly accepted.

Now they're telling me the reason they did it this way was so the booster pump wouldn't steal too much water from the rest of the system when running????? Not sure I'm buying that.
Any thoughts???

orthofish said:
Now they're telling me the reason they did it this way was so the booster pump wouldn't steal too much water from the rest of the system when running????? Not sure I'm buying that.
Any thoughts???

They plumbed it before the filter instead of after it so that the booster pump would not steal the water from the rest of the system? That makes no sense at all.

What water goes into the filter will come back out. The location of the booster pump, as long as it is post main pump, and before any of the water returns will not affect the rest of the system.

Sounds like they just don't want to change it.

My cleaner was originally plumbed pre-filter and I did have to run the filter more to get the water clear as the booster pump was pumping dirty water back into the pool. I also had to constantly clean the filter in the cleaner line. I'd have them move it post filter.

dave

So when the water comes out of the filter to the T we're talking about, there will be enough to hang a left turn , to the SWG and all the other returns and also to the booster pump if it is running???

orthofish said:
So when the water comes out of the filter to the T we're talking about, there will be enough to hang a left turn , to the SWG and all the other returns and also to the booster pump if it is running???

For me the order of importance would be.

1. post filter
2. pre-SWCG

If they could take the elbow post filter and turn that into a tee with one end hooking up to the SWCG and the other to the booster pump that should work fine.

Not sure what tee your talking about.

But if you tell them post filter and pre-swcg they should be able to figure that out.

dave

The T you're talking about is what we've discussed earlier in this thread. So there would be enough water coming out of the filter to make everything happy? :-D

orthofish said:
lovingHDTV said:
[
But if you tell them post filter and pre-swcg they should be able to figure that out.

dave
I did tell them that and they think I'm and idiot :rant: or they just don't want to change it.

I had to replumb mine from pre-filter to post filter. It was not fun and I did not like putting unfiltered water back into my pool via the cleaner. Did not make sense to me. I'd push the issue till they fix it.

If they put it post swcg that would be acceptable for me, just not optimal. Mine in plumbed post swcg now.

dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.