Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool chemistry?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool chemistry?

Comments on the below? The pool likes to have a good ph rise every week. This reading is a day after adding a gallon of acid. Not sure where the cya has come up from. Only bleach and acid are being added as necessary and the swg is running at 70%.

Results from poollogger.com

FC: 6
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.2
    TA: 50
    CH: 480
    CYA: 90
    Temp: 70
    Salt: 3200
    Borates:
    IG 16 x 50 Gunite. 3.5' - 9' depth 37,400 gallons 146LF perimeter and 863 square feet, 3 skimmers, 3 Pentair LED lights, 2 main drains, 6 pool returns, 1 vacuum line, 1 Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, 7x7 Spa attached with 1 Pentair LED Light raised 15 inches and 6 HydroAir Jets, 2 HP blower, Pentair DE60 Filter, Pentair Intellitouch I-7 w/Wireless remote, Pentair SWG 400k BTU Heater, Glacier Chiller. My 2015-2016 build thread.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool chemistry?

IJM,

I suggest that you quit trying to lower your pH to 7.2... Most SWCG pool like a pH of about 7.8.

My pool stays at 7.8 for several weeks before I have to add acid.

When I look at your numbers your CSI level is at -.9 which is very corrosive... I believe the max level for CSI is between +.6 to -.6, with our recommendation to try to stay between +.3 and -.3

With your pH at 7.8 your CSI would be -.44 better but still out of spec. Increasing your TA to 70 would put you at -.12

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.