Filter Recommendation for Above Ground Pool

Iceman82

Bronze Supporter
Jun 19, 2016
Aurora, IL
I have an Above Ground Pool, the details are in my signature. Last year, I used a Hayward Catridge Filter. It worked, but was pretty unimpressive. When looking at the water return, you could see particles still coming through. I'm not satisfied with the level of filtration.

I've been reading a few articles about different types of filters and I'm gaining interest in Sand & DE. Can anyone make any recommendations on the best filtration systems? Which do you prefer and why? Are sand and DE harder to clean and maintain?

I appreciate any and all information. I'd like to make a new purchase pretty soon.

Thanks for the help.

What about trying a new Pleatco cartridge first? I am much happier with some replacement Pleatco cartridges in my filter than I was with the OEM filters. They work better, last longer, are easier to clean and generally are better.

Thanks for the response.

I'll check it out. I bought a house last year and used the cartridge that the previous owner had. I'll buy a filter and see if there is a difference. My filter is pretty ancient, it's an oldschool Hayward.

So, you prefer the catridge filter to DE and Sand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.