Sunday Musings

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
When you have a pool, you always know which way the wind is blowing because when the pump is off all the tree trash gets blown to one end.

Silver Leaf Maples ARE NOT a pool girl's friend.

When you put an alligator in your pool, all the birds in the neighborhood come to gawk and squawk at it. It was a hilarious melt down outside this morning with geese honking like I haven't heard here before and a big black hawk on top of the outdoor light post sounding the alarm.

Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" is now at the top of my playlist...oh brother!!!

It's sunny and 75 with a lightish southerly wind in OKC

Have a great Sunday...Monday it's back to making bleach $.

IMG_2563.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

By the way...does anyone know what kind of tree makes the caterpillar looking things that are all over my pool and deck in the pic above?

Off to skim and run The Beast Master...:)

LOL at least that makes it easy to scoop it all up with the net :roll: GREAT song and purrfect for you right now!

"Hey y'all come look at this!!!! Do you think it is safe???" Too funny about the birds telling everyone about the gator in the pool. Have the ducks been back?

:hug: I only have 8 more weeks of making bleach money then it is POOL TIME!

Kim:kim:

Yesss Patrick...I'm in a pool dream all day every day!

Will do on the tree pics...me and this tree are about to go round and round. I now know why people don't open their pools around here until after the trees are done doing their thing! We are only open because of the inspection process on the house and pool. Next year...I will wait. Even though I love to look at the pool, being open this early is somewhat time consuming and I can't even jump in!!! It sure is tempting on a sunny day though. Water is only 65 degrees and we are about to go through storm season.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh...never heard of that one Danny. Apparently there are lots of trees that make them. At least they are floaters!!!

I don't remember, do you have a heater for the beast? If not (and good for your wallet if so) hopefully you get lots of full sun to warm that monster. Being that big an deep, it's gonna take a while.

I do not have a heater. There is a gas hook up for one though. I am afraid of what it would cost to heat The Beast not to mention the initial cost of the heater and installation. So I will just have to learn how to tolerate cold water or maybe get a wet suit. Ha ha! I'm sure even solar would cost more than I want to spend and probably wouldn't begin to make enough difference. The pool is in full sun and I have noticed that two 90 degree days in a row gave me 5 degrees. That quickly left when we got back down in the 70s with 45 degree nights though. We shall see just what it takes to be swimable.

Even a SWG probably won't be doable. I've seen that you need one that is for a pool twice the size you actually have and the biggest I've seen is for 40K. I guess it would reduce the amount of bleach I have to deal with, but would not cut it out completely...so not sure I will even attempt that.

THose are Oak trees that put off the little green curlies. Our 'Black Jacks' and pin oaks all have them in the TUlsa area.
They are very active right now in OKla. My allergies tell me about them (+ they're in my pool) every year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.