Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: looking for heater fuse

1. Back To Top    #1

looking for heater fuse

Hi,
    I think my heater fused is burned so I am trying to find a replacement but so far searches return nothing could fit in the slot. The heater is Hayward and I hope this is the only issue. The fuse is 1.5A/250V and it is about 14mm. All I can find ones are either 10mm or 20mm, can't find anything in the middle. Any suggestion?
    Inground Plaster Pool, Cartridge Filter, Dolphin PRIMALX3, Hayward H400 Heater, Hayward Pump SPX3220X25Z2PE, 17500 Gallons with Spill Over Spa, Non-SWG, Sugar Land (Houston), TX 77478 USA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: looking for heater fuse

The fuse is 250v Slo-Blo 5 x 15 mm. The Littelfuse part number is 022901.5HXP or 022901.5MXP. Littlefuse series 229.

I don't know the difference between the MXP and the HXP. The data sheet says the "M" or "H" is a quantity code with "M"meaning 1,000. But, I'm not sure what that means. Edit - As best as I can tell, the M or H refer to bulk packaging options. I think that the fuses are identical.

As long as you can purchase only the quantity that you need, either fuse part number should be good

Fuse actual dimensions are:
    0.177" Dia x 0.570" L (4.50mm x 14.48mm)

In addition to the 1.5 amp fuse, there are (2) 3 amp fuses and (1) 2.5 amp fuse. You might want to get some of those as well. Get extra of each.

022901.5HXP Littelfuse Inc. | Circuit Protection | DigiKey

https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/p...29-series/4411

022901.5MXP Littelfuse Inc. | Circuit Protection | DigiKey
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: looking for heater fuse

Thank you James, your response is really appreciated & helpful.
    Inground Plaster Pool, Cartridge Filter, Dolphin PRIMALX3, Hayward H400 Heater, Hayward Pump SPX3220X25Z2PE, 17500 Gallons with Spill Over Spa, Non-SWG, Sugar Land (Houston), TX 77478 USA