Convert Super Pump to dual speed possible?

Apr 16, 2009
Western Kentucky
My pump in my Hayward Super Pump fried yesterday. I pulled it out, and was going to take it to have it rebuilt. But is there a direct replacement for these Super Pumps that are dual speed :?:

I would just rather buy a motor, and swap it into the housing then to spend $500 plus on a whole new dual speed rig. But a rebuild is only $80. If I can't keep it within reason, I will just go that route.

The housing has a number of SP2610X15, and the number on the motor is C4BL2N134.

gsxr1181 said:
Ah so that's the magic number. 8) Now I just got to hope around the net and find one.

I actually JUST did the same thing! Ordered a pump from a1pool. Took a while to receive as it was special order.

I basically removed the old 1.5hp service factor 1.1 (SHP 1.65) motor that was using 8.2amps at 230v and replaced it with a AO Smith 2 speed (1hp, SF 1.65 for SHP 1.65 on high) Even on high it only uses 7.2amps at 230v and less than 4amps on low and really moves good water on low!

Total install time was less than 1 hour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.