They Found Me!!!

If the fake gators don't do it some people have had good luck with motion activated sprinklers........of course you will need a couple/three for you giant pool!

We had one find us. It was SO cute when it ate bread with the dogs by the pond. Not big deal UNTIL he found the pool! Ducky you have that wonderful pond with all kinds of yummy ducky food PLEASE stay in there! NOPE! It had to use the pool and leave "presents" behind in the water and off the side. We borrowed a big neat and caught it and relocated to a local pond where other duckies were. It has not been back so....I will have to get on the other computer to pull up the pics of the dogs and ducky eating bread together LOL

Kim:kim:

Kim:kim:

There were a pair of doves that found us last season. They liked to crouch on our big, warm rock closest to the spa. Never really caused any trouble, but then again, doves are not swimmers! Most they did was take bird baths on top of the spa wall overflow. And doves are monogamous! Cute! I was happy to see them return last week, same rock :) I guess we are their getaway spot. Looking to take a pic, but they are camera shy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
She's a West Highland White terrier, or westie-- the white version of a cairn, basically. We have an 10 year old, and got two pups last summer, she's just shy of 1 year old. And yes, spoiled rotten and heck on varmints. And for some reason, birds landing in her yard are an insult that she takes personally. She just got groomed last week so she is looking all spiffed up now... but still getting dirty any chance she gets. After three hours of hand-stripping, she's starting to look like a westie...lol. Other pup is furrier, so she will take up to 6 hours, spread over a couple of days so the pup doesn't hate grooming.
DSC03759.JPG

Thanks, they converted my hubby from strictly a big dog, hound dog guy to a terrier fan. We had always had bassets before, but we had a bigger lot in San Antonio than is the norm in the Dallas suburbs. A lot of dog in a small package, very loyal... with having had hounds that would go off with the first person waving a steak in front of them and never look back, that's a nice change...lol.

Today, I went to remove a brown palm frond (palm owners should get accustomed to this) from the tree near our spa, and to my surprise, the two doves flew out of the palm tree. The two doves made that startled dove fluttering noise (that is impossible to describe in text, but makes Texas hunters instinctively want to raise their shotguns). Well, we are in the suburbs, so no hunting. Turns out they have a nest in there. I will have to break out the SLR to get a good pic. So those two are full-time TFP residents after all. They sat calmly on our fence as I removed the frond. And I think they smiled a bit as I brushed the pool (okay I may have imagined that last bit).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.