Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are all ABG liners equal?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are all ABG liners equal?

Newbie here first time poster.... It's liner time once again and I was wondering how much difference, if any is there between liner manufacturers. I have a typical 24 footer and the girlfriend is digging the Swimline Pacific Diamond pattern. Are there any top shelf liners out there or are they all made by a handful of companies. I'd like to not spend over $300. I'm located in central SC. Thanks guys and gals

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Are all ABG liners equal?

F,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions...

So, since this is your first post, I have a question for you.. Why are you interested in a liner if your pool is an in-ground plaster pool?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

No idea why that is under my post. I haven't created a "signature" and I presume that's what that section is.

Just fixed it....

4. Back To Top    #4

F,

Weird... I deleted the signature...

Sorry, but I have no answer about the liner issue.

Let's see what our other members say..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I too am interesting in this question. I have no idea BUT I think I know who will! Someone from Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com
    I will put in a call to them to hop over to this tread and give their input. Hold on a few while I get a hold of them.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Fire, I'm happy with my Swimline liner. True I've only had it a year so time will tell but I was pleased with the response time on my order, with the liner itself (as far as fitting my Esther Williams bead) and the look of the seams. I did look at a few others but came to the conclusion there are only a few actual manufacturers. I initially ordered the wrong size liner from another manufacturer and it was amazing how difficult it was to get them to get it done and out the door. Then when I needed to re-order another correct liner, at my expense since it was not their fault I can't seem to measure, it was like pulling teeth to get them to sell me another one and get a timeline it could possibly ship! No issues with the Swimline which you order from a supplier not them directly. Just my experience.
    AGP: Esther Williams 15' x 30' - 10,500 gal city water filled, S210S Hayward sand filter, SP1592 Hayward PowerFlo Matrix pump.