Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA level salt pool

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA level salt pool

I have a salt water pool I'm bring up the CYA level last couple of days right around 30 now. The SWG hasn't worked in about 3 years, new cell new circuit board I'm just done with it. But I do put salt in the pool try to keep it around 3200 I asked this once before but want to confirm the answer what level of CYA do I use on the chart with bleach 30-70 or with SWG 70-80. Thanks.
    In ground 20,000gal - pebble-tec - salt, Intelliflo pump, Sta-Rite filter 450 sq ft ,Hayward 6060 booster pump, non functioning Aqua Rite SWCG, TF 100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: CYA level salt pool

Use the 30-70 model for manually chlorinated pools. A CYA of around 40-50 would be ideal for your climate in Rocklin and should result in an FC loss of about 2 ppm daily if you keep the FC around 5 ppm or so.

There is no real purpose in having your salt level @ 3200 without the SWG. I would let it drift down to about 2000 personally but there is little harm keeping it where you are.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CYA level salt pool

Thanks I shooting for around 40 I'll go 45. I'll try the salt level at 2000 I haven't even checked it yet with all the rain I'm sure it's really low. BTW everything else is looking good the pool numbers I take care care of it year round.
    In ground 20,000gal - pebble-tec - salt, Intelliflo pump, Sta-Rite filter 450 sq ft ,Hayward 6060 booster pump, non functioning Aqua Rite SWCG, TF 100 test kit.