Closing part of Pool during freeze - Water Feature and additional Spa Motor

BCJ

Mar 22, 2017
Flower Mound/ TX
I live in Texas where we don't close pool during winter and anti freeze runs pumps and motors during freeze period.
I have 3 motors in addition to main pump motors - Water feature, Pool jet and Pool floor cleaner booster pump.

Can I close these 3 items and let pool pump running during winter time to save electricity as these motors keep running almost 24 X 7.

During the freeze periods (what few days we get in Georgia) all I do is keep the pump running overnight.

There is no need for any of them to run 24/7 during winter, but just those few days overnight.

I can imagine your electric bill is quite.... robust. But you can turn them all down. You still want to run some chlorinated water thru your water feature daily just so it doesn't sit stagnant. Just a couple of minutes a day will do for that. Do you have everything on different timers?

Yip :flower:

YippeeSkippy - thanks for sharing ! Yes, everything is in different motor and timer.
We also get freeze for couple of days in Texas.
I meant by running 24X7 is - Aqualogic switches on and off at regular interval during freeze time and most of the times all 4 motors are running making very noisy and obviously expensive.
Pump - 2HP, Addl. SPA Jet - 2HP, Floor Cleaner Booster Pump, Water feature - 1 HP.

I think I will leave them as is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.