intelliflo vsf 11056

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
There is an IntelliFlo pump called intelliflo vsf model number 11056.

I think that it might combine the functionality of the vs and vf in one pump.

It doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Does anyone know about this pump?

There is also a XF VSF version, 022056. Other than larger unions, the XF series appears to offer no significant performance benefits (contrary to the sell sheets) over the originals so I don't know why they bothered with these either. Other than perhaps to extract more money out of unknowing customers.

When I first looked at the Energy Star data there was little difference between 022055 and 011055. The XF had 1-2 GPM higher for each curve and the wattage was a little higher too. But I just compared the two in the energy cost spreadsheet at exactly the same flow rates and the XF has a little better efficiency (~5%). It just wasn't that obvious at first glance.

But really the difference only save about 10 cents a month @ 50/25 GPM & 1/5 hours per day & $0.10/kwh so it takes forever for the XF to catch up to the VST with just a $100 difference. Well beyond the life span of the pump.

I think that it would be a good feature if a VS pump could be set for flow or RPM.

This would be especially helpful if the pump could talk directly to other equipment (even without automation).

For example, if a pump and heater can communicate, the heater can tell the pump that it's ready to turn on and needs 40 gpm. The pump would go to 40 gpm until the heater stopped heating.

It can work with solar, gas heat, SWGs etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.