Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intelliflo vsf 11056

1. Back To Top    #1

intelliflo vsf 11056

There is an IntelliFlo pump called intelliflo vsf model number 11056.

I think that it might combine the functionality of the vs and vf in one pump.

It doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Does anyone know about this pump?
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: intelliflo vsf 11056

weird. I see what you mean.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

It is in the Energy Star database and has the identical performance of the 11055.

https://www.energystar.gov/productfi...etails/2235783
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm wondering if it's going to combine the vs and vf in one pump. I think that that would make more sense than having two different pumps.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

There is also a XF VSF version, 022056. Other than larger unions, the XF series appears to offer no significant performance benefits (contrary to the sell sheets) over the originals so I don't know why they bothered with these either. Other than perhaps to extract more money out of unknowing customers.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

They say that the XF is a better hydraulic design.

Does it not appear to have a better design?
    Support the site

7. Back To Top    #7

When I first looked at the Energy Star data there was little difference between 022055 and 011055. The XF had 1-2 GPM higher for each curve and the wattage was a little higher too. But I just compared the two in the energy cost spreadsheet at exactly the same flow rates and the XF has a little better efficiency (~5%). It just wasn't that obvious at first glance.

But really the difference only save about 10 cents a month @ 50/25 GPM & 1/5 hours per day & $0.10/kwh so it takes forever for the XF to catch up to the VST with just a $100 difference. Well beyond the life span of the pump.
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

I think that it would be a good feature if a VS pump could be set for flow or RPM.

This would be especially helpful if the pump could talk directly to other equipment (even without automation).

For example, if a pump and heater can communicate, the heater can tell the pump that it's ready to turn on and needs 40 gpm. The pump would go to 40 gpm until the heater stopped heating.

It can work with solar, gas heat, SWGs etc.
    Support the site

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Could this be an Arduino application?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir